News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Tire advice?
Last post by cadillacmike68 - Yesterday at 11:12:47 PM
Quote from: David Greenburg on January 03, 2016, 11:33:42 PMBrian-

I would think  235/70's would be somewhat wider, and therefore tougher to fit in the rear. 235/75's are a little tight, but they fit.  225/75's might fit. But are they the right load range for our beasts?

Hi. 8.20 is the cross section width in inches. That's 208.28mm wide. Even a 225mm wide tire may have difficulty fitting in. The problem is that the series ratio on those old 8.20x15 or 9.00x15, while not part of the tire size was some 80 to 85%  (or 90%!). There are no large tires made in 80 or 85 series any longer. Series 75 is about the highest profile available unless you go to a specialty store. I would Not try to fit a 235mm wide tire on the car.
General Discussion / Re: New to the Club and Need S...
Last post by Art Director - Yesterday at 11:10:53 PM
Welcome to the CLC! Here's hoping you make many friends and attend some Grand Nationals. This year's is in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, not far from where you live.
General Discussion / Re: How to find out who the or...
Last post by Art Director - Yesterday at 11:08:09 PM
Tom Hall is an expert on dealer codes. He is listed in the CLC Directory in California.
General Discussion / Re: 1955 battery removal
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 11:06:59 PM
Just as a disclaimer, and also a nod to Tim's warning post, the style of strap that I posted images of in the above post, as well as the "tong" type of battery carriers, are made to carry automotive batteries in a horizontal manner. Not sure how safe they would be when lifting as I described above. Experiment first to test for safety. Don't want to hear that you had a mishap and got battery acid on you or that your car was damaged. I would just use my hands wearing safety gloves. Clay/Lexi
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 10:55:07 PM
Here is the type of strap I had in mind. Have used this one for almost 50 years and has never slipped. That said, I have never used it pulling one of these 3EEs out on an angle. Always used my hands as well. Probably best to experiment a bit, before trying it out on the car.  Clay/Lexi
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Yesterday at 10:46:14 PM
I used a rubber strap once with my 55 but when it slammed down on the valve cover after the hook slipped I opted to do it by hand after.  Sucks but its not too terrible.
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 10:43:24 PM
I wonder if an old school battery carrying strap would be safe to use under these circumstances? You know, the kind that grab onto the two posts. Having trouble remembering how the 3EE looks, but assume is the same as the DC-7 original which had the terminals off set, so they were not centered on top of the battery. They were mounted more towards the engine side which might provide better lift when the battery is tilted for removal, (as the load of some 45 lbs would tip in the required direction). Perhaps better balance. Clay/Lexi
For Sale - Parts / 1954-1956 red carpet
Last post by mark22 - Yesterday at 10:39:42 PM
ACC carpet, brand new in box, make offer. I need it gone. Never removed from box, absolutely mint. It is the thick, high end eldorado version.
For Sale - Parts / Re: 1954 Parts for sale
Last post by mark22 - Yesterday at 10:38:43 PM
I'm sorry I do not... I have newly chromed bumpers and ends. Also, I have red eldorado carpet.
General Discussion / Re: Where are the OEM Parts Su...
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 10:35:26 PM
Quote from: Carfreak on Yesterday at 05:50:32 AMSteven,

Did you see this website? Looks like they got bought out but not sure how long ago. Have you tried to contact the new owners and got crickets or were you using an old email address?

https://www.cadillacville.com/

I believe they were bought out as well. Have met the new owner a few times and he is very good to deal with. I highly recommend Cadillacville as they have been fair & honest to deal with. Contact is via the link posted by Sue. Clay/Lexi