News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

One question.   When the car was repainted, was the hood dipped in a solution to remove all the paint, inside and out?

If so, it could be that the solution also removed the factory sealer that was placed between the frame and hood panel whilst it was being assembled?

Bruce. >:D 
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Seam Sealer Education
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Yesterday at 08:43:15 PM
A lot different to the Seam Sealer that I have.   It came in a 1 Pint can and is messy to apply.

When fitting the Trans, I always make sure that the Torque Converter can move forwards and backwards a small amount before completely tightening up the bellhousing bolts.

If after this, the Torque Converter is tight, then it is not seated.   There has to be some movement between the TQ and Flex Plate, and when the TQ nuts are tightened, you are actually pulling the Flex Plate slightly rearwards.   This assists in aligning the Ring Gear as well.

For Sale - Cars / Re: 1956 Fleetwood 75 by Derha...
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Yesterday at 08:26:39 PM
Quote from: jwwseville60 on April 23, 2024, 10:01:16 AMThis is a very cool car.
My biggest issue with limos is twofold: the drivers seat is cramped for anyone over 5 foot 8 since the division prohibits seat movement rearward.
Then you have the vision problem. How did the chauffeur merge into right lanes?
I suppose these days it could be a case for Discrimination.   Maybe the owners wanted small drivers so they would sit low and be virtually invisible.

I don't think the makers cared about the driveability of the car as the owners wouldn't be actually driving them.

I tried to drive Jerry Steinards '76 Limo, and it was so uncomfortable, I simply couldn't. (I am 6'6")

For Sale - Cars / Re: WTS: 1964 Sedan Deville
Last post by cadillacjack - Yesterday at 08:12:44 PM
Tim, Good luck with the sale of your beautiful 1964 Sedan DeVille.
For Sale - Parts / Re: 61-62 Fenders Restored
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Yesterday at 08:12:23 PM
Anderson71 has been deleted and banned.   Including his posts.

Apologies for not getting to it sooner, but the site was down yesterday.

Technical / Authenticity / Loose shoulder bolt 74Eldo con...
Last post by danjarrett1 - Yesterday at 07:48:43 PM
Top has been struggling to come up, actually stopped halfway up a couple of times. Recent motor, relay, good grounds, cleaned old cosmoline out of actuators and replace with good grease, recent drive cables..
Did notice today when the top was down that the shoulder bolt, castle nut, cotter pin all intact, but the shoulder bolt is not flush with the structure exposing a gap. Is this normal? Is that gap there for a reason? Castellated bolt is secure with cotter pin in place. Downloaded picture is area of concern. See attachment
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 62 Sedan DeVille Mystery D...
Last post by Clewisiii - Yesterday at 07:42:52 PM
Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on Yesterday at 07:37:28 PMOne think I did find with my '60 CDV, was that the upper ball joint on the top of the differential (Rear upper Control Arm) that controls the vertical and sideways movement was totally trashed.

This part of the car would have to be the least seen or checked, as it is up ant out of casual eyesight.

And those are expensive.
One think I did find with my '60 CDV, was that the upper ball joint on the top of the differential (Rear upper Control Arm) that controls the vertical and sideways movement was totally trashed.

This part of the car would have to be the least seen or checked, as it is up ant out of casual eyesight.

The ATF transfusion took place as planned.  The transmission took 12.5 quarts of the Dex/Merc, just like the shop manual says it should.  I have only managed to put a few miles on the car since.  My initial impression is that there is a small improvement in the 2-3 shift, but more extensive driving is required when time and weather permit. I'll report again when I have racked up some more miles.