News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wanted : Parts for a 1928 Cadillac

Started by 28cad30las, March 11, 2023, 11:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

28cad30las

Wanted: for a 1928 Cadillac Convertible - Two Hood Hold Downs, Metal Plate over Carburetor stating, "Cadillac V-8", Bottom Track for Side Windows that Window Regulator attaches to, and Golf Bag Door. Please email me at carman1930@yahoo.com if you have any of these parts. Thank you.

yachtflame

I have a nice carb cover with V8 on it but I'm not sure what year it is. You can contact me at
yachtflame@yahoo.com

Wayne
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

cadillac32

I might have the hood hold downs. Please add a picture with dimensions to make sure I can match your needs. Jim

yachtflame

When you say plate over the carb, do you mean the round plate screwed into the top of the carburetor? If it's 1928, it should only have 4 screws holding it. I may have some of those cast in bronze as the pot metal originals corroded badly.
 You can contact me directly at
yachtflame@yahoo.com
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

28cad30las

Quote from: cadillac32 on March 20, 2023, 08:51:56 PMI might have the hood hold downs. Please add a picture with dimensions to make sure I can match your needs. Jim

Jim,
My hood hold down is approximately 6.375 inches long from top of grip to where it bolts to fender. The center to center dimension of bolt holes where it bolts to fender is 1.5 inches. I am new to the club and cannot figure out how to get a picture of the hold down to you. Can you email me at carman1930@yahoo.com and I will send off a picture of it to you.
Thanks,
Bill

cadillac32

28cad30las

Jim,

I don't know how to access the private message you sent me in the CLC system. Could you tell me what I'm supposed to click on to get it to appear?

Again, my email address is    carman1930@yahoo.com

If you could email me there I would be able to send you back the pictures of my hold downs or if you can tell me where to click in the CLC system I would be able to read your private message.

Regards,
Bill

The Tassie Devil(le)

To read your Private Message, you need to do either of two things.

Firstly, you should have received an email telling you that you have been sent a PM.  Then, in that message, there will be a link to be able to open up your CLC Forum Inbox.

Secondly, you could simply go to the top of the Forum Page and you will see your name, and "My Messages".  Open up the My Messages at the Inbox, and it should be there.

Bruce.  >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon