News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1958 Coupe Project $4,500 Not Mine

Started by Bryan J Moran, January 17, 2023, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1469701173439461/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Adcccbb11-e03d-4497-b98c-4d80578db015

Seller's Description
1958 Cadillac 2dr hardtop
v8 engine
automatic transmission

car is very complete minus a few pieces of trim.

Factory power windows
power steering
some other options, but not a loaded model.

Currently maroon with white interior
car needs restoration
has rust in floor pans
minor rust elsewhere
engine stuck
some glass needs replaced

Car rolls well
currently sitting on aluminum wheels that can stay for the right price, original wheels to the car are with it as well.

Car has TITLE!!!
Asking $4500

__________________________________________________________________________________

What is that 'thing' where the brake master cylinder is on most cars I know?  (I am NOT a late 50's Cadillac expert) 

Overall, although very few of us are restoring cars, especially late 50's Cadillacs with expensive chrome, interior and engines, this does not seem too bad. 
CLC 35000 in number only

James Landi

Looks to be a power brake booster...on the early 50's cars, the brake boosters were rather massive.

fishnjim

Interior looks immaculate, but I'd put this in "parts car" rather than restoration candidate.   Cost to restore this will exceed it's value quickly.
If sheet metal was better, I'd buy it, but not for me.

Bryan J Moran

Quote from: fishnjim on January 19, 2023, 11:38:56 AMInterior looks immaculate, but I'd put this in "parts car" rather than restoration candidate.   Cost to restore this will exceed it's value quickly.
If sheet metal was better, I'd buy it, but not for me.

ALL old cars quickly exceed any value, almost any value. But for those that want to enjoy the restoration hobby, this one can fit the bill.  I think for the most parts, 99.9% of all 1950's Cadillacs that are going to be restored, are restored.    That is why this one remains a non restored car.

As has been stated numerous times, the cost to restore the chrome alone may far exceed the cost of nice driver class 1958 Cadillacs, just not worth it.
CLC 35000 in number only