News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

41 60s on Turner Classic Movies

Started by Robert Bothwell CLC #20850, August 11, 2006, 09:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bothwell CLC #20850

Hello!
 Wednesday night there was a short on the Turner Classic Movie
channel about the Mexican police force. It was apparently shot back in the 40s because the first scene was of a 1941 60s coming through a guard gate. Two things were unusual. One was that the short was shot in color. The other was that the Cadillac was a two-tone green, the same colors as my 1940 60s.
 The Dish Network does not list the names of the short subjects, so I was wondering if anyone has a Turner Movie magazine that tells the name of this show. I would like to tape it if they show it again so I could study the car more closly.
 Thanks,
Bob B.

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Bob- My TV Guide out here in Phoenix listed on Wed night under TCM channel a movie called Holiday in Mexico with Walter Pidgeon and Jane Powell.

Hi Bill,
 This was a short subject between movies. I think it was right before the one you mentioned.
Bob B.

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Bob, you might also see if you can contact them by e-mail. Go to their site and see. I also saw a dusty grey/rivermist grey 1941 60S in a B&W short starring one of the big golf starts of the 40s.

Paul Anisman

Bob - One word of caution on assuming that a film on Mexican police, showing a 41 60-S, would have been shot in the 40s.  Mexican police were driving 40s automobiles into the 1960s. When I lived in Mexico in 64, I vividly remember the police driving a well preserved 48 Chrysler...quite a sight. :)  
Hope youll let everybody know if you do get the name of that "short".
--Paul

Thanks, Paul.
I havent found it yet. I checked out the Turner website, but they only seem to list the movies.
 They had a segment showing a motorcycle drill team and the Harleys looked to be of an earlier vintage (I had a 53).
 Ill keep looking.
Bob B.