News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1965 Deville Convertible Jack Stowage?

Started by ellerga1, August 16, 2022, 11:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellerga1

Hi -

I am trying to find out the proper jack stowage instructions for a 1965 Cadillac DeVille Convertible. It's amazingly not in the owner's manual, it's not in the repair manual, and it's not on the jacking instruction label. So I searched the internet looking for a picture and found - nothing.

What's going on? Is this a national security secret or something? Can anyone describe the stowage of this thing or send me a photo? I figured out the base and the spare tire - I just need to know the contraption that goes in the quarter well. The car restoration is almost finished and I want to do this the right way.

Thanks very much.

Greg Ellers
Woodbine, MD
240-460-9921

Chuck Swanson

Hi Greg,

The only place this *secret* info is located is in the Cadillac Assembly manual :)   It goes on the right side of trunk, through the holes in the cardboard and is held by a spring.  The base of jack is held up by a metal strap on the cardboard.  I will dig up a picture.  Chuck
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

ellerga1

Thank you Chuck.

I'd like to see that photo if you have it handy.

I posted another question about the trunk layout today (in the same folder - Technical/Authenticity).

It's hard to find information about this stuff. Because I want to keep the car as close to original as possible, I am seeking these answers.

See photo of car below. It's now on the road and it's a real head-turner. I'm getting to the last things on the restoration, and the car is turning out beautifully!

Thanks again.

Greg
Woodbine, MD
240-460-9921

BlackCads

Trunk 01.jpegTrunk 02.jpegTrunk 03.jpegTrunk 04.jpegTrunk 05.jpegTrunk 06.jpegTrunk 07.jpegTrunk 08.jpeg        Here are some pictures of the trunk in my 1965 Eldorado. Hope this helps.

ellerga1

Lexi