News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1971 SDV Rear Window Leak

Started by MrPublicTime, August 18, 2022, 12:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPublicTime

A common problem, but I'm wondering if anyone knows exactly what/where/how it's leaking around the passenger side rear bottom window.  My condition is small and a previous owner must have tried to fix it by putting in some strong clear adhesive (like E6000) holding the clips from releasing so I can't really easily remove the chrome w/o fear of doing some damage. Feeling underneath/inside seems like a lot of seams come together in that area (but no rust in my case!) IF I can remove the chrome, is it possible to actually fix it with something like glazing silicone, w/o removing/lifting up the vinyl?  Thanks for your feedback!

MrPublicTime

Great, thanks for the butyl caulk tip.  I'll give it a try...