News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Sedan deVille small piece of side trim needed

Started by Yogi, September 01, 2022, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi

I'm still looking for the little piece of chrome trim on the Driver's Side B-pillar/door post of a 56 Sedan DeVille (Hardtop).  Note: This is NOT for a "4-door Post" car; they're not the same.  Anyway, let me know if you've got a decent one. I appreciate your help.

Yogi

Lexi

I might have one. Will have a look. Unfortunately this is a tough piece to find. Will report back. Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Not where I thought it was so will have a look in my parts storage this weekend for it. Clay/Lexi

Yogi

Lexi

Lexi

Just back from storage and went through perhaps a thousand or so chrome pieces. I think I found the piece you are looking for. Despite 1956 SDVs being a high production Cadillac that year, this piece is quite uncommon to locate. Just some very minor pebbling in the chrome beginning to form but a blind man would be happy to see it. No chunks or rot out or dings or scratches. An 8.5 out of 10 or better. Still has the short Phillips pan head mounting screw attached. $40 USD PayPal. Shipping with tracking extra. Looks like these might be side specific. Unfortunately I only found one so hope it is the correct unit for your car. Will take some photos and post. If good to go I will have to get a shipping quote. Clay/Lexi

Yogi

Thanks for your time and effort.  I already have an extra passenger side piece that was sent to me misidentified as driver's side. I also paid for a lovely driver side piece from one guy and another "acceptable" piece from someone else that were both unfortunately from standard 6-window sedans.  For the time being, I'll hold off until I can be sure of which side I'm buying.  In June, Beverly won a Best Of Show even without the little thing.  Of course it wasn't a Cadillac-only show and it was no concours event.  But she still deserves to have all of her bits in place.

Thanks again
--Yogi

Lexi

Thinking it looks more like the passenger side based on your photo. So no good for you. Anyone else interested let me know. Clay/Lexi

Yogi

Wait a minute.  Looking at your photos, I believe you've got it.  Send me a private message and let me know how I can buy it from you.

Thanks again.

--Yogi

Lexi