News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Has Anyone used BAT Shipping or what to watch out for

Started by R S Steven, September 13, 2022, 10:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R S Steven

Hi All,
Bring-A-trailer now has shipping service and was wondering if anyone has use them?  They seem to be similar to a broker but they claim to vet the carriers and has a designated claims team that will assist with any damage claims that have happened during transit of the vehicle.

Here are a couple of questions about damage from there FAQ:
1) What happens if my car is damaged in transit?
 We only work with drivers that have a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and adequate and up-to-date insurance. In addition, Bring a Trailer Shipping provides an additional layer of "umbrella" insurance for even greater peace of mind.

2) What happens if my vehicle is damaged in transit?
 We only work with drivers that have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and adequate, up-to-date insurance. If your vehicle has sustained damage while in transit, you will have up to 72 hours from delivery to report the issue and open a claim with one of our liaisons.

If you pass the 72-hour mark, you will be provided with the transporter's insurance information to open a claim with them directly.

Here is a question I asked:
 So if there is a issue with shipping, be it an accident, oil stains on the car, dents, scratches etc, who would the customer deal with BAT or the Shipper?  Does BAT collect the money and walk away? Or would BAT help get the damage fixed to the customer satisfaction?
Answer:
Great question!

Yes, Bat does have a designated claims team that will assist with any damage claims that have happened during transit of the vehicle. Pictures are taken before and after the trip, if anything needs to be addressed you will reach out to us and will give next steps.

Best,
Malaysia

Bring a Trailer Shipping
844-467-2228
Support | bringatrailer.com/shipping

What should I know before deciding to move forward or not?

Thanks!

67caddyLA

Having bought many a cars from BaT - I know that their shipping is usually 2x elsewhere.
Ryan Zeimen
1967 Cadillac Deville Topless

R S Steven

Hi Ryan,
BAT was a little cheaper than Reliablie's quote (~$1800) for enclosed shipping.  Reliables pickup window was 1-7 weeks and 24 hr notice of delivery. Which just wouldn't work for me. To get a more precise pickup and drop-off time from Reliable would be closer to $4-5k.

Thanks for the reply!