News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Steele Rubber Gasket supplier alternative - 56 Eldo

Started by JungleCadd, September 13, 2022, 03:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Roger, you are absolutely correct, but I was feeling a sense of desperation after all the good suggestions. And I thought, "Who knows, he might get lucky as I did." I'm going to have to rummage around in my garage as the RH side has shrunk some as well.

Just as an off the wall suggestion, is there some type of plastic that could be reproduced in an 3D printer for the up right portion? There would be a seam, of course, but if all else fails???

It's been a few years since I've seen one of these in the flesh so my memory of how this would work might be totally wrong. In any case, best of luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

carlhungness

There are going to be hiccups in any endeavor. I've had great luck with Steele. I'd recommend you call them back and ask for Eddie, he's been there for decades and will get your problem solved. Don't let one employee sour you on the whole company, they've been around much too long to discount. You'll encounter some bad apples now and again, but overall Steel has been the industry leader for a long time.