News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 Cadillac TV Rod Plate on Carburetor

Started by 1962 CDV, September 27, 2022, 03:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1962 CDV

Hello, I am installing a Rochester carburetor on my '62 Coupe DeVille in an attempt to bring it back to it's original configuration. I now find that I am in need of the plate that bolts on to the carburetor linkage for the TV Rod to hook into. Does anyone here happen to know anyone who has one to sell? I suppose I could fabricate one, but having the dimensions would help. Thanks

Clewisiii

Is it some of this your looking for.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

fishnjim

I had to make one, twice.  I bought a linkage kit and found one part that I adapted.   Once for 4bbl, once for 3x2.
The other option is to buy a carb core that has correct linkage, remove, and clean it up, and put on yours.  It's not that easy to swop over, but it'll work, if done right. 
You can check the carb parts places but I haven't seen any of these listed.   Depends what year Rochester you are using whether it came with one.  And if it's right number, why it wasn't on there?  Maybe the wrong carb?
The obvious question is how was the other carb hooked up, or was the TV rod not hooked?   You don't really need it, but it's better with it.

1962 CDV

Yes, the picture Clewisiii posted shows what I am referring to.

When I purchased my Coupe year ago, the previous owners had installed a Holley Demon carb and discarded the original carb. The Demon had nowhere in the linkage to install the TV Rod, so I fashioned a connecting piece and for the most part it worked.

The Rochester I purchased does have the two bolts where the plate would attach to the linkage, but someone must have removed it. I much regret purchasing that particular carburetor now, although it seems to start, idle and accelerate OK. Just haven't driven it yet because of the TV Rod.

I suppose I can make one, just thought I'd see if anyone had one to sell.

1962 CDV

Is it correct to conclude that this part would work from any Cadillac that used the 390 cubic inch v-8 with a Rochester carb from 1959 through 1962?

1962 CDV

Just a quick update: I was able to procure that plate from the nice folks at Cadillacville.com, so all is well.

The lesson to be learned from this whole thing is that when buying a rebuilt carb for an older car, try to make sure all the linkage is included. This could be difficult if your car doesn't have the original carb and you don't know what is missing.

sama

It's a long shot since this is an old post but this is for sale locally in phoenix.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pts/7569670044.html