News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Trying to post pictures

Started by Cadman-iac, March 20, 2023, 10:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Clewisiii on March 21, 2023, 02:36:33 PMThis is that picture insert button.  Not worth using in my mind. Certainly not simple.  Screenshot_20230321-143533-782.png

No, I haven't ever tried any of that drop down crap. I have no idea what it does, and not enough knowledge to make it work, so I stay far away from it.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Cadman-iac

Quote from: J. Gomez on March 21, 2023, 02:02:15 PMRick,

If you use the "QUOTE" option it does not give you the option for attachment and once the file is uploaded you "MUST" click on the "UPLOAD.

Another caveat with the new forum feature..!  :(

Such a well designed system, don't you think?
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Clewisiii on March 21, 2023, 02:28:39 PMOk are you saying when you click add files it takes you to your gallery to select the file?

Sorry, I guess I missed this question.  No, unfortunately I don't get any options after pressing the add files button.  The only reaction I get from my phone is that the add files button will highlight, and if I continue to press it, then I'll get the copy, select all, and share options, but even those don't work if I click on them. It's a dead end.
I tried going to the gallery first to select a picture, thinking that I had to have the file ready to transfer, before I select "add files" but that doesn't work.
So I tried going to my gallery after clicking on the "add files" button, but that didn't work either.
It's as if the add files button is not working, even though it highlights.
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

Ok so it is doing this. It is not recognizing add photos as a clickable button. This copy or share is a function of your phone and not the forum function.  This has happen to me and I have had to try a few times. But once these three pop up I have to go out and try again. 

Screenshot_20230321-150150-035.png

When selected correctly it should look like this.  You should see the selection for your phone files or access camera.  I have never had the access camera work properly. I only select from existing photos in files.   Screenshot_20230321-150213.png
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Cadman-iac

By "go out and try again", do you mean log out and back in?
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

Quote from: Cadman-iac on March 21, 2023, 03:09:55 PMBy "go out and try again", do you mean log out and back in?
no just click back up in the text box so that the highlight on the button goes away.  If you keep hitting it in the other manner it is stuck in the phone search function.  I noticed q quick light touch on add files works best. If my finger sits to long it brings up that phone function
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Cadman-iac

I just logged out and logged back in to try this, but it still doesn't work.
 The button has a black background with white letters, and when pressed, the letters turn orange, which to me says that it registered my selection, but doesn't seem to provide any further action.
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Clewisiii on March 21, 2023, 03:12:19 PMno just click back up in the text box so that the highlight on the button goes away.  If you keep hitting it in the other manner it is stuck in the phone search function.  I noticed q quick light touch on add files works best. If my finger sits to long it brings up that phone function

Ok, I'll give that a try then.  Thanks
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

Just tried the back up key to reset the add files button, but still no luck.
It does make the keyboard drop away when you click on it , but nothing else shows up as far as those 3 options you show that I should get.
  Could it be a phone setting causing this? I'm doubtful, because everything else seems to be working just fine.

BTW, I want to thank you for taking the time to try and educate me on this. I guess I'm just not doing something right somewhere.
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

No problem.  It has to be something in the logic of your phone.  It must be expecting to do something that the forum is not doing or presenting to it. 

On my phone I can replicate both scenarios, so I do blame whatever coding is in the forum with how it presents itself to the phones operating system. But the phone is another problem on its own. 

Grand scheme the forum is cumbersome and not intuitive to users.  I really miss the Old 61-62 Cadillac forum. I think it was easier to use.  The Mid Century Cadillac forum was easier even though I think they used the same structure here. But it is certain whatever update was necessary recently was not to improve user experience. 

Cadman-iac

Test posting of pictures, again!!
  Still not able to post any pictures. After I tap, or double tap, or press and hold, I still get nothing.
 I ran an update on my phone, and one for the advanced features app or whatever the #%&& it is, still nothing.
 What am I missing here?
CLC# 32373

Jason Edge

Testing from my iPhone.

9A5BA660-96B4-43C2-B56B-7E78F736208B.jpeg
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Jason Edge

Added a pic from my iPhone running IOS using Safari app with no issues then looked at settings under Privacy and security and Photos and see you can deny access by each app to your photos, camera or microphone. Most of the smartphones have dozens of settings to limit access like this. And iPhones are going to be different from the droids and other phones. I'm guessing it is a setting on your phone.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC MRC Benefactor

Cadman-iac

Hi Jason,
 Yeah, my phone is an android. I've been through every setting in it looking for something that would have an effect on this problem, but I don't see anything.
 Thanks for your thoughts though, I appreciate it.
 I guess I'll just have to get really good at describing things, to paint a picture, so to speak.
 Thanks for trying,
 Rick
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

Try logging in from someone else's phone

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Clewisiii on March 29, 2023, 07:28:04 AMTry logging in from someone else's phone

Ha ha ha!! I'll have to try and wrestle my wife's phone away from her!
But that's a good idea. Her's is a different model than mine, but it's still an android phone. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rick

This may take a while!!
CLC# 32373

Jason Edge

Quote from: Cadman-iac on March 29, 2023, 07:53:25 AMHa ha ha!! I'll have to try and wrestle my wife's phone away from her!
But that's a good idea. Her's is a different model than mine, but it's still an android phone. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rick

This may take a while!!
If it is the same "type" phone using the same Operating System (OS), I think it is going to be more a setting than the phone model itself. The screen prints I saw in this post were different from my iPhone so I assumed it might be a Droid.  As little as I know about the iPhone IOS, I know zero about the Droids but assume they have similar settings. That is why it is always a good idea to describe the device and software you are using with techy issues like this. Carl's suggestion to try someone else' phone is spot on... give it a go. If it works you know it is probably a setting on your phone and you will see how it should work.
The thing about the iPhone is I found different way to limit access --> under Security, Under Photos, under each app.

I would also Google on "How to Prevent Access to Photos on Android Phone" or something similar. I plugged it in and quickly came up to info pointing to a "permissions manager". I didn't go any further.. but there did seem to be a lot of info out there for this type stuff for the Droids.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC MRC Benefactor

Cadman-iac

What does SMS stand for in an app? I thought maybe this was the problem because it was denied on one.  I allowed it, but still not working.

UUUGGGGHHH!!!
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

20200110_143228.jpg

Ok, I found it!! Somehow I had blocked Samsung internet from accessing my gallery.
 Thanks so much for the tip. I Googled it just like you said and then went in and looked at the permissions manager and there it was. It didn't dawn on me that I have to use Samsung internet while I'm on the forum.
 COOL!!
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

My sincerest thanks to everyone who came to my rescue here. It took me long enough, but it's now working. I never would have figured it out if you guys had not helped out.
Thank you all very much.

Rick

Now I can get some sleep, lol!!
CLC# 32373