News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

use the 62 top trim and turn signal lights
I had this with my 61. The rubber pads on top of he fender under the hood were missing when I bought the car. I got new ones from rubber the right way and that fixed it.
General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by J. Skelly - Today at 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: badpoints on Today at 08:34:28 AMI will miss being able to post. I liked being helpful by posting pictures for anyone wanting to know what was original on a 67 SDV. Besides the point of forums should be free, my wife would give me crap about wasting money on my Cadillac. She is probably right, the hours I spend working on my Caddy is financially a waste of time, but it makes me happy. A few last pictures
Forums are not free since every club pays for a website on the Internet.  Members of the Cadillac-LaSalle Club pay for this as part of their annual dues. It's really a good value just to get the monthly magazine with its technical information and classified ads.  Hopefully you will reconsider. 
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1957 coupe deville, projec...
Last post by J. Skelly - Today at 10:17:47 AM
It's difficult to ascertain the condition of the body from the lousy pictures.  Being an Arizona car, if it has minimal rust, it's a better starting point than most people have to start with.
Be sure all the choke linkage is free. Converting to an electric choke takes electrical work and some seemingly intricate work on the carb.
Greg Surfas
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Kent Moore J-6320 Shaft Pi...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 10:13:02 AM
Quote from: CadillacFanBob on April 06, 2024, 12:07:24 AMI do not see any photos of your shop manual to see what tool needed looks like?

Bill Sawrey of Tennessee is the used Kent Moore tool guy, he also has a store on e-Bay "toolzguy's"

If you do search on e-Bay for Kent Moore tool #J-9646 he will pop up.

Bob

EDIT: also on "Garage Journal" see "engineer2" sells Kent-Moore tools used.

Wow! Great information there Bob. I did not know about these Kent Moore Tool selling guys. Thanks for posting. Clay/Lexi
That could have happened, who knows. The sheet metal that makes up this monster hood is not deformed in any way that I can tell, no indentations or warping, just long spans of sheet metal that tend to flex and quiver at highway speeds. One fellow did indicate that there was a foam like material between the gusset structure and the sheet metal of the hood. Over time, heat and wear, the foam-like material breaks down leaving a gap that can cause that to happen. I'm going to undo the hood insulation this weekend and take a peek at what is there. Thank you for your input. 
General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373 - Today at 09:16:10 AM
It will hurt now, but will REALLY hurt in the years to come.
When I got our 1st Caddy 10 years ago, I was all over the place searching for good info. If a site was a pay site, I just moved on. Some sites are worthless, but once you've paid, you've paid.
At a minimum there should be a 90day trial period for new members.
But, yes. This change is the beginning of the end here due to lack of new blood.