News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

The “Godfather” of Cadillac, Charles Fares 1955-2021

Started by 64\/54Cadillacking, December 01, 2021, 10:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

64\/54Cadillacking

As you know, Charles Fares has passed away and if anyone is interested in attending his services near or far,  it will be held on this month December 18th at 10:00 am in Downtown San Diego at St.Joseph Cathedral on 3rd Avenue near Little Italy.

I am sure he would have loved for you to attend since I know he touched a lot of peoples lives, especially members on the forum and the CLC.

Charles insights, his knowledge of Cadillacs was second to none, and he dedicated a part of his life to the hobby to help others which was a passion of his. To members here that never knew of Charles, or ever spoken to him, all I can say is that this world has lost one of the most intelligent, soft spoken, sweet kinded, gentle giant of a man. And I loved how much of an old soul he was, that's what made him so unique. I am sure he's up in heaven cruising around in his favorite Cadillacs having a great time!

BTW, Charles also has a vast array of parts that his family doesn't know what to do with. I am helping them in the process of trying to figure out how to go about his parts collection. There's  literally  thousands of pieces that I can't even account for and don't know what to do with them.

If anyone has any advice please let me know so I can pass along some information to them as they move forward through this difficult time.

Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

cadillacmike68

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. Charles was a vital contributor to the club and forum.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

cadillacmike68

Quote from: chrisntam on December 02, 2021, 12:02:39 AM
Please don't let them get sold to Eldorado George.

I'll buy the 67-70 RWD parts myself to stop that.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

arch62

Having corresponded with him several times, I felt we were old buddies just helping out the Cadillac cause. He directed me to the right source for my '62.
He will be missed.

RFelts

I never met Charles, but I sure will miss him.  He was tremendously helpful to me on several occasions, and I always enjoyed reading his contributions here.
Upper Marlboro, MD

'70 DeVille Conv
'88 Brougham

Highwayman68

Every part I ever received from Charles had an index card listing the part number, years applicable and a description. He took such great pride in organizing his parts.

I will help out however I can.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

joeinbcs

RIP, Charles!  I didn't know him well, but bought parts from him, and spoke with him a few times...always very knowledgeable and helpful...and friendly.  Parts always arrived quickly and were exactly as I had hoped.
Sorry to lose this valued member of our community.
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

SixDucks

Hello all,
Charles was a great friend, and if you've had the blessing to get to know him you'll agree that his impact on your life did in fact make your life better. Whenever I spoke with Charles the initial part of our conversations was about Cadillacs, but after that, the conversations always turned to real life. My calls with Charles would normally outlast my cellphone battery.
I will miss our conversations about life far more than the conversations about Cadillacs. He will be greatly missed.

Terry.
Current:
1941 coupe
1962 Fleetwood
1988 Brougham
Previous:
1956 Series 62 Sedan
1963 Fleetwood
1975 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance
1989 Brougham

jdemerson

Although I never met Charles, I too felt that he was a friend. I just looked up some recent messages, and I had a couple of messages from him as recently as October 31.  I have been looking (still looking!) for a choke cover for a 1952 to 1956 Cadillac Carter 4-barrel carburetor. Charles contacted me and sent his personal e-mail address. He didn't have the part, but he thought that a certain 50s Buick had the same part. He was going to pursue that idea and see if he could help out...

Charles was a terrific exemplar of the many folks in our community who are willing to go the extra mile to help out a fellow member.  That's what makes the hobby great... Charles inspires us to do the same where we can.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

64\/54Cadillacking

Charles definitely went above and beyond for everyone and anyone in need, he was so selfless in that since. Our conversations on the phone would last hours too, and outlast his phone battery as well! He loved to talk and give his insight and advice to each one of us.

It's nice to read that I wasn't the only one to experience this.
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

Poncholover

Wow. Sounds like a real blow to the Hobby.
The great thing is, with internet forums, a great deal of knowledge can live on.
Flattie Caddy

J. Skelly

Quote from: 64\/54Cadillacking on December 01, 2021, 10:36:46 PM
As you know, Charles Fares has passed away and if anyone is interested in attending his services near or far,  it will be held on this month December 18th at 10:00 am in Downtown San Diego at St.Joseph Cathedral on 3rd Avenue near Little Italy.

BTW, Charles also has a vast array of parts that his family doesn't know what to do with. I am helping them in the process of trying to figure out how to go about his parts collection. There's  literally  thousands of pieces that I can't even account for and don't know what to do with them.

If anyone has any advice please let me know so I can pass along some information to them as they move forward through this difficult time.

Charles had extensive lists of parts in the For Sale section.   Perhaps his family can find his logon ID and password and post prices.  With Charles, he wanted to describe what he had, show photos, and then tell you what he wanted for each part

One extensive list is for 1967-1970 Eldorado parts, but he had many listings for individual parts as well.  The forum won't allow me to post a hyperlink to the Eldorado parts.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

wrench

A buddy and I often discuss the nature of technological evolution and with modern technology and the obsolescence curves currently experienced, we concluded  'there are 'no gurus' anymore.'

Well, we were mistaken. There was a guru. His name was Charles Fares and now I am afraid there really are 'no gurus' anymore.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

KOKNEYELDO

I have purchased many parts from Charles over the years and all were in great condition and for good prices.

Since I am in Thousand Oaks, CA I had no problem driving 135 miles to inspect them as he was also a wealth of Cadillac knowledge.

If his family need any help of moving the parts let me know.
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!