News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

66 Carter AFB 4169s

Started by dadscad, August 06, 2015, 11:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadscad

10 - 15 years back I ordered a rebuilt carburetor for my 63 from Napa, what I received was a 4169s that was used for a 66 429. At the time I didn't think/know much of the number difference from the 3481s that was on the car and figured it would work OK. I put the 4169s on the car and it never did seem to run as well as with the original carburetor when it was right. I didn't run the 4169s very long before deciding to put a kit in my original carburetor. Sure glad I didn't turn it in for the core charge! I bought a kit from the Carburetor Shop, rebuilt the 3481s and all has been good for many miles. The 4169s has been sitting in the box ever since.

My question is, would anyone be willing/able to post the page from the 66 shop manual showing air metering specifications primary needle/jet combinations and the secondary jet size used, etc? I would like to compare the 66 4169s to my 63's 3481s to see if I could re-jet the 66 carburetor to work well on the 63 390 engine.

Thanks for your consideration. David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille