News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

PM

Started by Scot Minesinger, October 19, 2022, 09:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

The site changed again and I had to accept a new agreement.  What is the point they are statutory anyway.  How do I get to my personal messages to answer?  The icons do not seem to have that choice anymore.  Last time, I had to log on to answer them, separate from logging on to the forum (two CLC log ins).  I blew a gasket, cannot deal with more than one log in for a single entity. 

Someone wrote me a PM asking where I am?, and the answer is if it takes two log ins I'm out.  It is annoying that I have to set a password to buy screws on Fastenal.  I cannot choose the same password for everything because then if a hacker gets one password, they have all my accounts.  Currently my list of passwords is four sheets of paper.  Somehow in the near future this multiple password requirement needs to be simplified.

Please let me know how to answer without logging into two sites.  You can post it here and will check back.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Scott,
That was me and glad to "see" you.  It seems for who knows what reason that the difficulties are intermittent and I agree it can be a pain. Sometime I am automatically logged in and sometimes I have to go through hoops to get "here". I guess if it becomes too much of a hassle for too many folks the site will wither on the vine.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Scott,

I have been trying to contact you, via PM and email, but for some unknown reason you haven't been replying.

I was receiving spam emails, supposedly from you, but the return email address was totally different.

I will try again now to see if you receive a new email from myself.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon