Recent posts

The "wear parts" to rebuild those vacuum actuated level control compressors no longer exist, that's why on your car, someone disconnected all of the lines.  The one important vacuum line that goes to the engine mainifold needs to be blocked off! (Likely the previous owner did that)...  There are several work-a-rounds to get your rear end appropriately situated (pun intended).  Some of us enjoy having control over the height, and I, for one, like to raise mine just a little above the "normal height," for a "firmer ride" that tends to keep the car from being too "floaty."  You can purchase "helper" springs for the rear, you can install air shocks in the rear that inflate from a standard schrader (aka tire) valve,or you can shop for rear springs that compensate for the lack of an operating system.  Or you can design a system that actuates a 12 volt inflator pump that you can control from the cabin. THe orignal system was entirely automatic and very lovely, but, as I mentioned above, parts that wear out are no longer available.   Hope this helps you,  James 
General Discussion / Re: Movie , Tin Men
Last post by Vince Taliano #13852 - Today at 07:17:47 AM
Quote from: billyoung on Today at 06:47:00 AMBack in the late 1990's when I was working at Met Life in Rochester, New York a younger man came to work with us who had grown up in Baltimore Md. where Tin Men was filmed and at that time he told me he worked as a Bellman at the Hotel that Richard Dreyfuss and Danny DeVito were staying at while filming the Movie. One morning he said he was present when the two men were entering a new Cadillac to take them to where they were filming and he herd DeVito say to Dreyfuss ( this isn't a Cadillac, the cars we're driving in the Movie are real Cadillac's ) I will never forget him telling me that, a fun tidbit about one of my favorite movies.
 ( Did you get your new Cadillac? Yes, It's already been hit )

Tin Men was filmed in my hometown of Baltimore before I was a CLC member.  View the story on its 30th anniversary in the April 2017 issue of the Caddie Chronicle, pages 7-9.
General Discussion / Re: The Ark back into the shop...
Last post by James Landi - Today at 07:07:34 AM
My parents owned two '70's Cadillacs, and I vividly recall that the a/c is impressive... those large vents push out an amazing amount of cold a/c-- nothing lacking in climate comfort control on those models--- it's as if someone at the Cadillac division said, "No compromises on comfort"  Bring your electronic thermometer and get a reading...  (aside:absolutely no snow up here in Maine UNTIL last week!)   Happy day,  James
General Discussion / Movie , Tin Men
Last post by billyoung - Today at 06:47:00 AM
Back in the late 1990's when I was working at Met Life in Rochester, New York a younger man came to work with us who had grown up in Baltimore Md. where Tin Men was filmed and at that time he told me he worked as a Bellman at the Hotel that Richard Dreyfuss and Danny DeVito were staying at while filming the Movie. One morning he said he was present when the two men were entering a new Cadillac to take them to where they were filming and he herd DeVito say to Dreyfuss ( this isn't a Cadillac, the cars we're driving in the Movie are real Cadillac's ) I will never forget him telling me that, a fun tidbit about one of my favorite movies.
 ( Did you get your new Cadillac? Yes, It's already been hit )
I have a 41 fleetwood with the deluxe heating system , where does the electrical supply for the under seat heaters come from ,is it a wire that i have from the bottom of the ranco valve inside the car,i found this wire under the carpet , or does anyone have a wiring diagram , thanks for any help Alan
General Discussion / Re: Cadillac in Sweden
Last post by lars29 - Today at 04:58:06 AM
Nice i have a 67 conv and a 68 sedan deville
Do you have something like on the attached picture? I just glued the assembly on the hood.
Maybe you should show us what you got.

Hood insulation.JPG
General Discussion / Re: Cadillac in Sweden
Last post by winger888 - Today at 04:41:59 AM
Great car Gustav. We went to the meeting in Lidk√∂ping last July. Took our Eldorado all the way up and had a wonderful time. Very impressive US-Car scene in Sweden. The www.bigmeet.com is said to be the largest meeting of antique US-Cars in the world. I believe it; its hilarious  :D   
I feel the same. It's amazing too not just the speed of which so many thousands upon thousands of Cadillacs were pumped out by mostly manual labor way before robotic machines at the plants, but with such high build quality, accuracy and craftsmanship as well.
Remember me making a 'new' vacuum manifold from the debris Gar Tompkins sent me? Jeez I worked hard on
that... Anyway, The Ark's fairy God Father Mike Josephic found the ONLY NOS vacuum manifold on Planet
Earth - and sent it to us, its been installed. Thank you Mike!  :-*