News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Thank you Bill

Started by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364, February 28, 2015, 12:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Just got and read my latest Self Starter.  I would like to be the first to congratulate Bill Anderson and all those that worked to revise the GN judging and division standards.  It is also with pleasure that I acknowledge that apparently our Rulers (just kidding you guys) listen to us.  Thanks to all.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Jason Edge

I echo Greg's thank you and will share what I posted on our 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Website:

Future of CLC Judging

First, A Big Thank You to CLC Chief Judge Bill Anderson for taking on this daunting task of overhauling the CLC judging system.  The old system was very good, however, I believe what Bill and the judging committee are striving for will result in a truly great system for judging our cars.

With that, I hope most of you have had a chance to check out the changes happening in CLC Judging, and have read the December 2014 Judging Committee Report and 'Future of CLC Judging' article in the March Self Starter, both penned by Chief Judge Bill Anderson.

Some of the many changes include 2 new judging divisions: Modified Cars and Concept/Prototype Cars, of the Touring Class score ceiling, inclusion of cars 10 years old and older in Touring Class, better training for judges, time requirements for leaving cars on show field, inclusion of all judges scores, and changes to the judging system that emphasizes authenticity judging vs 1st, 2nd, 3rd car vs car judging.

After the 2014 Grand National, Bill had requested feedback from all of the judges and I was very pleased to see a few of the recommendations that I made were addressed. I am sure many of the other judges expressed similar recommendations, and believe these changes will make our judging system fair and equitable for all.

There is so much to consider with these changes, and I will continue this conversation more in depth later, but wanted to make sure everyone had seen the December 2014 Committee Report and Bill's Self Starter Article.

See Links below to the documents referenced above:
Future of CLC Judging - by Bill Anderson, March 2015 Self Starter
http://api.ning.com/files/gX09JerEUx2xR3Vd*xsqCYJN0g1pDUSCbqrQ3bAXlKXixIB9cKHFjYQxvP6p5Gl2U7Wp*UOL8-SbjzS64*a*e91g6pXb2rzI/FutureofCLCJudgingbyBillAndersonMarch2015SelfStarter.pdf

Judging Committee Report - December 2014
http://api.ning.com/files/gX09JerEUx1UZy75zcSMwwduOBzvx2HyzTsEANwdJ92di*z6m4y*9dzehLgy6uYa7nGpCSKeOD4Pa0*YQQk4l1m8QCz6IR95/JudgingCommitteeReportDecember2014byBillAnderson.pdf
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic