News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Car show events

Started by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364, July 20, 2018, 11:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpoke17

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on July 22, 2018, 09:01:51 PM

I used to live in MA and NY, so I know all about winter fun...

I live here in FL year round. I'd have to sell all these cars and a lot of other things to have a "summer home" in the snow belt, which frankly I do not want.

I'll be honest with you Mike, the older I get the more I understand why people move south. If I never have to touch a snowblower again would not be a problem! I do enjoy the change of seasons but after a couple of good snowfalls I'm done and ready for spring.
John Federico

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on July 22, 2018, 09:01:51 PM
As hot as it gets here it still doesn't come close to the 125 deg F temps in the mideast desert where I spent several years on deployments.

I loved Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Yemen, Qatar... it was a 'dry' heat.... ::)

We'll be neighbors in the next couple of years Mike, I'm done with snow.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on July 22, 2018, 11:40:08 PM
I loved Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Yemen, Qatar... it was a 'dry' heat.... ::)

We'll be neighbors in the next couple of years Mike, I'm done with snow.

\m/
Laurie

Try Iraq and afghan. 

For an entire year.

3 times.
Plus shorter "excursions" to other lovely places.

Even in Kuwait and Qatar  the wind shifts and you get 130 deg plus 100% humidity for a couple months.  :o
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Tpicks55

Quote from: Jeff Rose                                         CLC #28373 on July 21, 2018, 11:34:44 PM
One problem in my area (St. Louis) is that I never seem to see things asvertised. Every once in a while I see a sign up but nothing on the news or anything else. There step not newspapers anymore. I am really not on Facebook so if they are posted there I wouldn't see it. There is a local Cars and Coffee chapter here. I went once this year and it was mostly new stuff. Various people posted literally 100'a of pictures but only half a dozen of the few older ones. Kind of took the wind out of my sails.
Jeff
check out https://www.cruisintimesmagazine.com/june-show-listings they give showes in all states.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

cadillacmike68

Quote from: lexi on July 22, 2018, 06:07:03 PM
Greg and Steve are dead on. Same up in this region as well. Clay/Lexi

Yes, I agree completely.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike