News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Trace my 58 Coupe

Started by Andy Green, May 23, 2020, 12:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Green

Gary

Thanks so much for your help again, you and others have spurred me on to continue this fight as I have felt alone fighting this battle with someone who is so far away.
Just to give you an update, I have sent an email to the LVpd mail address you gave me listing the situation I am in and all the bank codes etc of Nikki's and mine and the acceptance number from here for the payment for the car. As yet I haven't had a reply from the police, if I do hear from them (don't have a lot of confidence about that due to the other times I have contacted) that will give me an uplift to think someone out there in the police dept is willing to help me. I have also looked at the other website kingdaddycaddy and like you said my car is on the home page, the 10th picture down. I did look at the 9th picture as I am sure that one was one his Facebook page that a friend of mine sent me. If you look at that car, the green one, it has a blue interior the same colour as my blue 58. Surely a green car wouldn't have a blue interior even if someone had repainted it, they would have changed the interior colour too I would think as it looks very odd to me. Perhaps he has painted it again and sold it to someone else? I did find an email address of an author on the kingdaddy site and have sent him a mail to tell him the 10th picture of the blue caddy is mine and if he sees it to let me know and report it to the police, have given him the VIN as well so we will see what happens if anything. 'm exploring all avenues Gary.
I have taken on board everything you have advised me on and will deal with that mail to Nikki.....
Thanks again, if you lived near me I'd buy you a beer :-)

Andy

KOKNEYELDO

Andy:

You are welcome and glad to see you have started.

Give them a week or two to reply to your email.

If you had filed a claim at the outset they would have been all over this theft and fraud...

Once the Covid situation is over I will come back to London to do some "marketing" (or as my wife says "going to the pub with clients"), watch some Chelsea games and see some friends and family.

I will try to assist you where I can, so feel free to send me (by email) all what you have, so I can review what documents you have, wire transfers, Bill of Sale, photographs, what you sent, emails, chronology, etc. if you want (no obligation).
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Andy Green

Gary

I will send some things to you on a PM, didn't get a bill of sale I'm afraid, kept asking for one but it never was sent. I suppose it is easy now to think things were wrong but this was my first time buying and importing a car from the US. I have imported four since then and still own two of them, a 57 Fleetwood and a 76 Mercury Marquis 2 door. I have two modern Chryslers which I have owned for over 8 years, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire roadster and 2010 Chrysler 300C touring (wagon) which is my daily driver and is a 3ltr diesel which will do 43 miles per gallon on a journey.
There are many old american cars that I would love to own though but no money or space to keep them in, always loved the 58 Coupe but it is obviously not meant to be Gary, but the fight goes on. Have a good day my friend.
Andy

KOKNEYELDO

So you have no Bill of Sale, but do you have the Original Title?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On a separate note, it seems that the UK government do not want any cars over 30 years old from the USA (or anywhere else for that matter) as they will be increasing the taxes at the start of the new year (20% VAT + 10% Import Duty).
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Andy,
I tried to answer your email but it got rejected. It looks like you have plenty of help now. Good Luck.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Andy Green

Gary

As far as I am aware imported cars over 20 years old or cars of special interest the duty is only 5%, but who knows what the new rules may be. It will be a pity if that changes.
Do you feel Joe Bidden will do better than Trump? Personally I didn't rate Trump very much as a President, he didn't come across as a professional guy and hid behind sending tweets and things. Must have been popular to get voted in last time. Have sent you a PM Gary

Andy

Carfreak

Andy,

1. If/when you file a report with the FBI or a Police Department, have them send the details to be included on the WSATI Stolen Classics website.      https://www.wsati.org/stolenclassics.html

2. You might also reach out to this group personally to find out if they can recommend you to someone who may be able to assist.     https://www.wsati.org/announce.html#stolenclassics

3. Have you tried contacting someone from the CLC Las Vegas Chapter?  They are a VERY ACTIVE group and someone may know the person who swindled you.    https://www.lasvegascadillacclub.com/

Good luck & persevere!!!
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Andy Green

Hi Carfreak,

Thank you for your suggestions and information, I do appreciate any help anyone will give me.
I did file an IC3 report to the FBI last May and as yet I haven't heard from them, they would be the guys to report to as this was an internet crime by Nicholas B Caparelli. I have also sent a copy of the IC£ report and several documents by post to the FBI in December 2020. I have also called the FBI at Washington DC from the UK and spoke to an agent there. He isn't allowed to give out any information for security reasons and he has suggested I send any further information to them on another IC3 report so I will look into that and see what I can find out.
I will also look at the sites you have suggested and see what I can do there too. Stay safe. Thanks. Andy

Andy Green

Just to give you all an update on tracing my 58 Coupe. I had a mail from the seller (Nicholas Caparelli) in february telling me he is not liable to repay any money to me due to he says that I took the car away to another repair shop for repair. He is a LIAR, I live 6000 miles away from where he lived in Vegas and it was him that took the car (or so he says) to his buddy in CA. I still think he sold my car to another person so keep your eye out for my car Vin: 58G022669. I will keep looking for it and keep reminding people about it. I have filed IC3 reports and called the FBI and you can read the previous threads if you wish. Thanks, Andy

Andy Green

Hi Robert,
Thanks for spending the time to help me. I have tried searching for that Vin over here in the UK but not had success. Yes this is definitely my car which I bought in march 2016. After buying it I asked the seller if he would check the car out and carry out work that was needed and I would pay for the work. He said he checked out the motor and it needed overhauling. This is where the advert becomes suspicious as it is advertised with the overhauled motor. But he says the car is 57 years old which makes it around the time I bought it. I would really like to find out what date this advert is but I cannot seem to find a way to do that. Beautiful car though isn't it and you can see why I want to know what happened to it and who has it now. Thanks Robert.

Andy

KOKNEYELDO

Andy, I just called a friend in Vegas and she will drive to see the car as soon as she gets and confirmed address.

I also sent to "suspect" an email saying I am interested and have cash.

I expect to hear from him soon.
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Andy Green

Hi Gary,

Good to hear from you and thanks for helping again.
I think this may be an old advert before the suspect re-located to Levittown PA, however the advert says the motor has been overhauled and that was supposed to be done December 2016/January 2017 which is pretty strange. It will be interesting to see what the suspect (seller) has to say about the car, whether it has been sold. If he says it has been sold then can you ask where it has gone and who owns it as you want to see if the new owner will sell it? So I am interested to see what he says. Thanks again. Andy

Jon S

Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

chrisntam

Quote from: Jon S on March 14, 2021, 11:13:41 AM
Found this: 
http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/cadillac/145037-no-reserve-1958-cadillac-series-62-2dr-hardtop-factory-orig-survivor-57-59.html

Hope it helps

Top pic is from the ad car was purchased from 5 years ago, as taken from page 2 of this thread.

Bottom pic is a current pic from the above auction link.

Same car.  Look at the pavement the front left wheel is parked on...
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

KOKNEYELDO

Andy you have my e-mail so please contact me via that way.
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Andy Green

Kimberlin 1974

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your kind words, I have only just noticed your thread, my apologies.
I have been to the USA a few times over the years since 1989 and have met some absolutely lovely people over there. We drove the Route '66 when I was 66 a few years ago, got lost at one place, two guys in a pick up stopped to see if we were ok. I got out with my map then he discovered I was from the UK, shook my hand and we had a short chat then he drove over 5 miles with us following to the '66 that we couldn't find. So I know there are far more nice helpful people in the USA than the bum I bought a car from. I have also had so much help from guys on this forum that I may not have received in my own country. Many thanks for your help and I won't give up until my problem is sorted.
Best wishes
Andy

Andy Green

Jon,

Thank you for checking this out for me, is this a current advert?

Andy

Jon S

Quote from: chrisntam on March 14, 2021, 12:02:51 PM
Top pic is from the ad car was purchased from 5 years ago, as taken from page 2 of this thread.

Bottom pic is a current pic from the above auction link.

Same car.  Look at the pavement the front left wheel is parked on...

Agreed and it is still for sale to some additional unsuspecting buyers!
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Andy Green

chrisntam

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the thread on this, is this a current advert? If so it looks like my car is hidden in Vegas as the seller has moved to Levittown PA or is it a different seller?
The pictures pretty much look the same though to me apart from a slightly different angle shot or am I missing something?

Andy

chrisntam

Find out what the VIN number is on the one being auctioned.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas