News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Fog/signal, lights 58 sixty special

Started by Coral58, February 23, 2023, 04:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coral58

Have tried better ground, right to the battery, no change in brightness. Right side, dim side does have a 1074 bulb,understand it is not correct  ,bright for fog,dim for signal I have a ge2336 bulb, would work? How do I remove the old and install the new with out  breaking it? Can't seem to get  the small bulb out either, Tips?

Roger Zimmermann

My method to remove the bulbs is not easy: I first remove the assembly from the car and unscrew the reflector from the sheet metal body. Then, with a small tool I did, I'm pushing the 3 pins at the back, allowing the bulb to rotate. The assembly is the same. I'm attaching a picture showing my method.
Probably there was a tool used in the production to grab the metal part of the bulb but I'm not sure.
GE2336? I don't know that bulb. If the cp is the same for both filament, it should be OK.

41 Installing fog bulb.JPG

Sorry my picture is not the bast. It was difficult to push at the pins and make the picture with the other hand!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

fishnjim

If you get the "specifications" manual for '58 it lists all the bulb numbers, then you can cross reference.  They even make LED replacements for some.
That was available through the GM Heritage center archive for free with the info kits.  But they've changed and I don't know they are now.  I can post the list if needed.   There's a ton of sites you can look up to cross reference bulb numbers, so I won't go there.