News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vacuum Lines 1970 Deville

Started by Jvteach07, February 25, 2023, 07:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jvteach07

Have a question about 2 vacuum lines. I am in the process of collecting parts to fix the mess that the vacuum lines are in the car. Brought the car in for service because the transmission wasn't shifting correctly. When I got the car back it shifts "ok" now but the air vents inside do not open or close correctly AND I was able to hear a lot of air escaping one of the rubber vacuum lines. I have added 2 photos. One has a big yellow circle. (img 1482) My question is it the line supposed to be hooked up that way? The red arrows lead to the side of the transmission. My second question is what and where should the line be that has been disconnected from the photo with the smaller yellow circle (img 1480)? I have the vacuum diagram but I am not that savvy on how to read it. Thank you!
Joe Tortora
1970 Cadillac Devill Convertible

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

The line on top goes to the manifold just behind the carb. If you are chasing leaks, look at the nss.Screenshot_20230113_224204_Facebook.jpg
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

klinebau

That is a great diagram, but keep in mind that the majority of vehicles are non-california cars that do not have the vapor canister.  Also, many cars don't have the air leveling system or cruise control components.
1970 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Detroit, MI