News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

56 Cad Eldorado Seville

Started by John Washburn, January 13, 2005, 05:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Washburn

Folks,

Just finished rebuilding the dual 4 barrel Carter carburetors on a very nice 56 Eldorado Seville two door.

I found the spark plug wiring harness, on the passenger side flopping in the breeze. This is not the one on the valve cover, nor the one you usually see on 56s that bolts under the coil. With two fours all things are different.

Anyone got any idea where this single bracket by the rear of the engine, passenger side, that holds the spark plug wires, in the rubber bracket might bolt to on the engine. Damn that was a great run on sentence.

The bracket has a long area to slide the bracket under a nut or bolt but I am not sure where it connects. Looks like it goes behind the intake manifold, but it could go under the coil.

Ur Help will be appreciated

John Washburn
CLC #1067
Elizabeth, Colorado

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

The dealers Data Book for 1956 has two artists views of the 56 engine (pages 114-115), including one 3/4 front view of the LH side of the Eldorado engine (p.115).

I can see only the brackets that attach to the valve covers. At the rear, nearer the distributor, they dont appear to be attached anywhere, except between themselves (2 groups of 4 wires), towards the front of the Delco.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

John,

The following is what I can see in photos of a CLC and AACA Senior ’56 Eldorado. The bracket you are referring to holds the black rubber grommet that bundles the spark plug wires. The bracket is painted gold, like the valve covers, and is positioned over the two “LLs” on the valve cover so that the axis of the grommet is the same as the valve cover. In ’56 the bracket and wires lay horizontally, as compared to ’57 on which the bracket is more to the rear and positioned vertically. I can’t determine if it’s welded to the cover, or if it goes on the middle manifold bolt.
Hope this is some help,

Ralph