News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

steering works now

Started by Nick Begante, January 15, 2005, 09:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Begante

thanks for advice, car has no power up hills, chuggs and smells like melting wax when i open hood and upper radiator hose is rock hard, radiator is full and overfill is at correct level.  on highway crusies nicely and exceeds 85 mph, but when i come to a stop it lurtches and feels like it wont down shift and then lunges forward and starts coughing with valve clatter.  after complete stop, it hiccups and burps and eventually gets going again.  what gives?

Michael Stamps 19507

Start off by letting us know what year and model.

Stampie

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

In his previous post, he stated that it was a FWD 85 with the dreaded HT4100. I know this is not what you want to hear, but it sounds very much like youre just before experiencing complete engine and possibly transmission failure, both of which are very common in HT4100 cars and not just those with high mileage. At least you have had some warning before it blows up or locks up, a warning which doesnt always occur.

Michael Stamps 19507

Sorry I missed that.  Sorry about the car though.  Ive always wanted to buy a RWD HT4100 and see how soon I could kill it.  At least I know I can swap in a good 500 easy enough.

Stampie