News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

For Sale - 1939 LaSalle - Project car

Started by Marka, June 05, 2023, 11:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marka

My wife's grand parents had a Cadillac LaSalle that they purchased new in 1939

When they passed away it went to her father who stored it on the family farm until 1967 when he drove it from Ottawa to Vancouver. He planned to restore it when he retired, but that never happened so it sat in his garage until 2012.

Then when he passed away it went to my brother in law who started a restoration. He pulled the engine for rebuilding and sent it to a machine shop where they stripped the engine down.
He purchased an engine over-haul kit from Kanter's and was going to do the re-build himself (the kit lists at $2454.74) .Included in sale
https://www.kanter.com/i-30723129-engine-rebuild-kit-basic-overhaul-kit.html#!model%3DSERIES%2050%7C%7Cmake%3DLASALLE%7C%7Cyear%3D1939
While they had the engine he went into the hospital for about 2 month and when he got out, he lost all interest in the car

So I have a partly disassembled LaSalle, that needs a home and someone with the interest to re-assemble it

Asking $8,000 or best offer. Please contact me for additional information.
I will try to post some pictures later this week
Serious inquires only!

Marka

Front.jpgFront.jpgFront.jpg    

Tom

Hello Mark,

The car is now in Vancouver?

Thanks,
Tom

Marka