News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Beer for a pom

Started by Coupedeville, September 27, 2010, 02:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coupedeville

Just to let you Aussies know, this here pom is gonna be in Cairns for 3 weeks from the 4th of October, so if any of you live in or around the Cairns area and would like to buy a Caddy minded pom a beer, then please feel free to do so! ;D

Joe Hunt
Joe Hunt

Doug L

Ice cold beer  (oh sorry   you like warm beer, I will leave it in the sun) waiting for you here in Sydney.
                                                                                                               Doug Lemon

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Joe,

Forget about the tropics, come on down to Tassie, and get the feel for real life.

Even show you where your "Exports" ended up, and the sky is always blue, and our beer is a lot better than the Northern stuff..

Bruce. >:D

PS.   Doug, you have mail.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Coupedeville

Like youself Doug, i'm a heathen so it's cold beer for me! ;D

Didn't think you could fit 2 people on Tasmania, looks so small on the map!!

Joe Hunt
Joe Hunt

John Tozer #7946

Joe,

Just a few clues for surviving Cairns in October - it is the start of the "Wet" you realise:

1.    Drink lots of cold beer - XXXX is the local "water";

2.    Stay indoors as much as possible;

3.    Don't put bodily extremities in rivers or estuaries (and some beaches) - the local Crocs can't tell the difference between a Pom and a local and all that pale Pommy skin is like a red rag to a bull where an old man croc is concerned;

4.    Drink lots of cold beer;

5.    They say you can prevent "stingers" (box jellyfish) from harming you in the surf if you wear your wife's pantyhose. The mesh can apparently stop the tentacles from sticking to you long enough for them to inject the venom ....or maybe there are just lots of old blokes up there that like wearing their wife's pantyhose to the beach;

6.    Either way, drink lots of cold beer.

Weather in Cairns today is 31 degrees C and raining!

Seriously, enjoy the Daintree and the Reef.

John Tozer

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Joe,

Forget about the maps and the like as Tasmania might look small on the map, but it is 68,401 Sq Km. compared to 130,000 Sq Km. for England.   

But, to bring it into perspective, we here have a population of 502,600, whereas England has "Squeezed in" 50,000,000 people in to double the area, so in actual fact, we have a lot more area to play around in.   Plus, plenty of roads to carry you around in my Cadillac.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   Nearly forgot to mention, but down here we have the deadliest Snakes and Spiders on the planet.   Better stay up there with the Crocks.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV