News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57 Eldo Brougham on Ebay ...again

Started by veesixteen, August 29, 2007, 05:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

It did not sell in January.  Now the vendor has replaced the interior (unfortunately with non original material). He claims to have paid $25,000 for the "complete" vanity set but the goblet case is non-authentic, as is also the Evans compact. It is missing the "Arpege" artomizer, although the car is offered  with a correct 1-oz. bottle of the perfume. What about that lighter!  When you put $100,000 into such a restoration, you try to get the hood and trunk "ELDORADO" lettering right!  Remember, this is the guy who adverized that "1959-60" GM Motorama Cadillac with "original" in-dash B&W TV !!!  Caveat emptor!
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

XGLEGAL

Hello Yann, I had also noticed the ad from the vendor and could not help but think about your prior comments!!  At least there is no more carpeting on the dashboard, right??!! 
  Regards,   Xavier
Xavier A. Gutierrez, Esq.  CLC # 24068
1957 Ser. 62 Conv.
1957 Eldo Biarritz
1957 CDV
1961 Ser. 62 Conv.

buicksplus

FAKE!!

Those Marlboro Lights ;) were not made in 1957!

Actually, the car looks pretty good to me -- but I'm no EB expert for sure.
Bill Sullivan CLC# 12700

David King (kz78hy)

I sent DR. FRIEDMAN a note inside ebay asking questions about the car of things I noticed as incorrect. 
Below is a cut and paste of the text. 

I was not going to start  a thread on this until after the auction because I did not want to interfere with it in progress, but since Yann started it, I’m jumping in.  There were several exchanges after this, and I’m not sure if I can post them here, but if  anyone is interested I will send a word doc with the cut a pasted ebay questions and answers page to see just how he responses to questions. 

"Hello Mr. Friedman
I have a few questions regarding this car.
Why did you change the interior color over to black from beige?
Why were the incorrect “Eldorado” letters on the front cross over panel and decklid not replaced with the correct ones?
Since the dash was off and recovered, why recover it incorrectly without the turn signal features on top?
Why was the beige paint not removed from the chromed dash?
Here are some observations regarding your description in the ad listing:
The cup holder is not a Brougham unit.
The Evans compact is a standard one which has been converted to look like a Cadillac unit and is close, but is a fake. I recognize this vanity set and know where it came from.
These items are memorabilia and not part of the standard car content:
Evans Cadillac Lighter
Motorama key chain and key blank
The air suspension was prone to leaking, but was capable to hold almost twice the cars weight.
Thanks for reviewing these questions.
David"
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

veesixteen

Hi David, I'll be interested to see if Marv ("Dr. Fiedman") replies, especially since the auction is all but over. I doubt that any serious collector would want to meet the reserve (he did want a million dollars, a couple of years back, for the "1959-60" convertible with in-dash TV, and he's sure the finest surviving Broughams will be worth a million in the next few years).

Quote from: kz78hy on August 29, 2007, 04:50:32 PM
I sent DR. FRIEDMAN a note inside ebay asking questions about the car of things I noticed as incorrect. 
Below is a cut and paste of the text...
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

35-709

You all might want to put "luvdg" or "Dr. Friedman" in the SEARCH function of this site.  He (and his "fine cars") have been discussed here many times in the past.  Buyer beware should be absolutely foremost in anyone's mind when dealing with this "gentleman".  This auction and car is only one of many examples of the things he is willing to say and the lengths he is willing to go to make a sale.
>:(     
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Johnny F #662

Lets not be too harsh on the good doctor.  With all his pictures he has provided with us many good pictures to be used as wallpaper on our desktops.

35-709

Did you mean toilet paper?
???

Quote from: Johnny F #662 on August 31, 2007, 07:45:22 PM
.......  With all his pictures he has provided with us many good pictures to be used as wallpaper on our desktops.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Johnny F #662

Quote from: Geoff Newcombe #4719 on August 31, 2007, 09:32:50 PM
Did you mean toilet paper?
???

Quote from: Johnny F #662 on August 31, 2007, 07:45:22 PM
.......  With all his pictures he has provided with us many good pictures to be used as wallpaper on our desktops.

That too.