News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

39 LaSalle window regulators

Started by Artistic Precision, November 25, 2022, 01:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artistic Precision

Hey guys. Anybody have a good set of 39 LaS front door window regulators? The splines on the studs, are jacked up on mine, and the window crank handles wont go on.

Poncholover

I have a strong suspicion that the other GM B bodies (or C Bodies) which share glass will also share regulators.
Happy Hunting!
Flattie Caddy

Tom Boehm

1939 Lasalle used the B body. It is a safe bet that other GM brands on the B body would share window regulators. I'm not as sure about GM C body. Also the window regulators might be different in 2 door and 4 door cars. Which do you have?

I looked it up in the parts book. 2 door sedans, coupes and convertible coupes are one part number and 4 door sedans and 4 door convertible sedans are another.

I read your post again and you want front door regulators so I assume you have a 4 door sedan.

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

You can take these apart and just change the shafts.  Will have much more interchange then.  RS&S sells the clutch springs in them also.  I think up years will work also but shaft lengths may change. 39 was the first year with the spring clips common to GM for many years.  Older will not work.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

mattwilk1972

Quote from: Artistic Precision on November 25, 2022, 01:18:25 PMHey guys. Anybody have a good set of 39 LaS front door window regulators? The splines on the studs, are jacked up on mine, and the window crank handles wont go on.
Hey there did you find what you are looking for? I believe I have a couple regulators you're looking for. Shoot me a message.