News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Epic Road Trip, need some shop recommendations

Started by jamesmadconductor, March 12, 2021, 09:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Friedman

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

jamesmadconductor

Took an incredible drive from Vegas to Moab via Zion and Bryce canyons. Absolutely beautiful drive and the car was perfect for 11 straight hours. This is truly driving joy.
Dr. James Keith
1912 Model T Touring
1939 LaSalle series 50 Sedan
1940 LaSalle series 52 Coupe
1949 Chevrolet 3800 Panel Truck
1958 MG-A
1958 Cadillac Series 62
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
2008 Cadillac XLR Alpine White Edition

The Tassie Devil(le)

Great to see that you are enjoying yourself, as this is what motoring is all about.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

cadlove

James so good to see your stunning 1970 Cadillac and your road trip are excellent. I've only just read this post so I'm late.

I know that London's most glamorous Rolls-Royce dealer had a special service in the old days for those well-heeled clients who, for example were going to spend a year at their villa on the French Cote d'Azur. They also produced 'touring' manuals (rare to locate now) full of information about European countries, language, money, measurements etc.

Broadly speaking they went through the car replacing anything they did not like the look of, meaning expensive. Interesting times.

chrisntam

A marginally old thread with correctly oriented pics once enlarged.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

71 Fleetwood

The young mechanic at Rickenbaugh is Jake.  Very attentive service.  He put a "Do Not Touch" sign on my car.  Golly!
The service manager Blaise gave me a phone number for carb rebuild - Jim Thurman, owner, The Garage 1825 W Union #1 Englewood 303-248-3652.  The website shows BMW expertise. 

I really like the idea of a Service Guide.  I'm new to Cadillac and welcome all the referrals I can get.

1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham

arnold007

You can always find the store you need already at the place. The same goes for renting a car. If you travel on your own, then you can save money. Everyone can organize an excellent trip for themselves, and you just need to choose someplace on the platform montaregio.de.  In my opinion, it is especially interesting to travel by car (personal or rented) - complete freedom of movement! If you are interested in this option, read our tips about traveling by car.  But the most remarkable thing, of course, is to travel to various castles. Such as Schloss Neuschwanstein.

wheikkila

Over the years, I have purchased quite a few cars from the east and west coast back to Texas. I have carried a tool bag and some spare parts for that car. I just did a good check over before I left. In the end some cars went all the way home with no issues. A couple cars I thought I would never get home. But, in the end I would do it all over again. Each one was it own adventure. The nice thing it I did it today would be the timeline. 30 years ago I always had to worry about how long it was taking.   
                              Thanks Wayn

MonLas29

If you are mostly interested in portraiture, then zooms might be the better option. This is because you will likely want the flexibility that zooms offer, and they tend to be a little bit better at longer focal lengths.