News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Private Messages etc

Started by Bryan J Moran, November 26, 2022, 05:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

Administration -

I am not seeing my private messages and there is one in there I would like to respond to. What am I missing? 
CLC 35000 in number only

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Bryan,

Have they suddenly disappeared?   Did you have them before?   How long is it since you last used it?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Roger Zimmermann

Some weeks ago, I was in the same situation. I discovered them at the top on a small band next to your name. That band is above the general title "CADILLAC & LASALLE DISCUSSION FORUM". In my opinion, this arrangement is unfortunate as almost invisible.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

79 Eldorado

Be aware that if your PM/DM mailbox is full and someone tries to send you a message or you try to send a message you will lose the message without warning. That also happens to someone trying to send you a message and they literally have no idea until it fails.

I didn't realize mine was full. I didn't realize there was a limit. Once a member made me aware of the issue I was at 107% of the limit. My thought was possibly the limit was added after I had exceeded what would become 100%. Considering there are no attachments allowed in DM's I guess the total size of the mailboxes must be quite small. I was keeping more than I had to because the messages seem to be a bit "scattered" in format and don't automatically include the message you reply to. So I was finding myself saving both received and sent because if I read a reply I needed to see what preceded it. It gives the feeling of everything being scattered like I mentioned.

Scott

Carfreak

LOL, checked and saw my Mailbox was at 202% capacity.  Ooops!
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.