News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

leather interior

Started by atime, August 29, 2016, 08:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atime

I am looking at a 79 eldo with white leather interior. Its in good shape no splits but looks a little tired. How difficult would it be to have  the top of the seats and backs redone? I assume no one makes kits for these?
Thanks for any advice,
Martin

76eldo

A good trim shop can redo the seats.
If they are not torn or have open seams there are detail guys that can treat and paint the leather. Used car dealers use these guys all the time for making their used cars more appealing.

I'd look into that first.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

55 cadi

Even if there is a tear I have personally had them fixed and color matched where you could not find where work was done.

So there is hope out there

............I will add that I found my seat repair guy through a dealership, and the repair guy even said he usually only does dealers not private, but he did mine anyway.

Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

gary griffin

A company called Fabrion has franchises and training for upholstery repair. MY daughter in law does this for a living, mostly rental car company's and dealers. She repaired a leather seat in my work car because an employee forgot to take a tool out of his pocket, and I could not find the repair a few days later. Since it is piece work they do not like to do single repairs. Better to go to rental car lot and do many at a time, while one is curing start the next one and so on.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver