News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Airport Limos

Started by Clewisiii, March 15, 2023, 05:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tluke

OK Clay, you made me do a little more research. The 55 8-door limo picture I found some time ago but didn't save any info about it. A quick search and I found its brother in an old Craig's list add from 2020. It wasn't running, as is probably apparent from the engine bay photo. The ad said it was built by National Body MFG Co. Knightstown, Indiana. There were a total of 4 built.
1955 Cadillac Series 75
1957 Continental Mark II
1986 Ford F250

Lexi

Terry thanks. This is interesting stuff. That would be fantastic having a car like that. Clay/Lexi

TJ Hopland

Anyone got pictures of the frame of that or a similar car?   Its easier to figure out how they would stretch the earlier or later more basic ladder frames but wasn't the 50's were they were experimenting with all sorts of unique frames including the X frame?

I suppose in the 50's there wasn't much you could do to improve the brakes.  I would imagine a Cad would have already come with about the best brakes possible?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Jonathan Johnson

Hey tj , wondering if you could help me out anyway
I have a 6.0 4-6-8 1981 eldorado, I'm getting no power to the fuel pump. Looks like someone replaced all the relay and fuses, BTW I also notice there were 2 spare ecms in the trunk..and the ecm in the car is hanging down....it cranks great but isn't getting any fuel. I also noticed after i turn off the car completely the ecm doesn't stop buzzing and it will kill my battery.  Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you so much
1981 eldorado 6.0
2007 dts
4.9 liter v8 anything
Deville
Seville
Sts
Sls

Jonathan Johnson

BTW I tried to send you a Personal message and your inbox was full just though I'd let you know. Thanks again.
1981 eldorado 6.0
2007 dts
4.9 liter v8 anything
Deville
Seville
Sts
Sls

Lexi

Quote from: Jonathan Johnson on March 26, 2023, 02:35:08 PMBTW I tried to send you a Personal message and your inbox was full just though I'd let you know. Thanks again.

You looking to PM me or TJ? Based on your last post it appears that should be a new post in the Technical part of this Forum. Clay/Lexi

Jonathan Johnson

Ok sorry I'm new to the forum how do I post in technical forum exactly? Sorry for the inconvenience.
1981 eldorado 6.0
2007 dts
4.9 liter v8 anything
Deville
Seville
Sts
Sls

Jonathan Johnson

I think I figured it out I posted it in the technical/authenticity forum? Is that right.
1981 eldorado 6.0
2007 dts
4.9 liter v8 anything
Deville
Seville
Sts
Sls

Lexi

That's it. You got it. As they used to say in that old original series Star Trek episode, "No Tribble at all". The Forum Moderators might move your above posts though.  Ahoy there & welcome aboard as us Land Yacht lovers say. Clay/Lexi