News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Windshield Packaging for Sending

Started by Brent Hladky #21519, September 16, 2019, 11:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Hladky #21519

I am selling a number of windshields (and rear/side glass) for a fellow CLC member.  They are in their original boxes (1940s to 1960s) that all have little or no packing around the glass itself.  Where can one get boxes and packing to safely send these?  Thanks for advice.

Dan LeBlanc

If shipping via common carrier, you'll want to crate it.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I shipped lots of windshields in the past. I used special crates made from wood slats secured by wire. There were lots of gaps in the crate so the truckers can see what's in it. The crates were designed to hold the glass upright. I'm not sure if they still make those crates.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Brent Hladky #21519

Thanks guys.  If someone knows where to purchases crates such as Bob mentioned, I'd love to hear about them.

Bobby B

Quote from: Brent Hladky #21519 on September 19, 2019, 11:44:59 PM
Thanks guys.  If someone knows where to purchases crates such as Bob mentioned, I'd love to hear about them.

Try going to a place like Safelite or your local auto glass shop and see if they have some laying around. Good Luck!
                                                         Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

spolij

There are many oak pallets available for free. You could make a crate out of one of them.