News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Owners coming in from Germany to tour the USA in a Cadillac

Started by Rod Dahlgren #19496, July 17, 2022, 05:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

That's a shame!!!   Best wishes for a minimal health problems. 

Are they CLC members? 

Perhaps reach out to a Texas CLC Region to see if anyone can offer some guidance or suggestions? 

https://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/page/regions_chapters
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Quote from: Rod Dahlgren #19496 on August 09, 2022, 07:18:43 PMUPDATE! After more than 3000 miles touring the west, they were entering San Antonio Texas, WHEN, they were rear ended by a guy texting while his car was on cruise control.
NOW the car is too damaged to continue! The other person was given a citation and insurance is involved. The German family is shook up and three of them have some neck pain. INSURANCE offered them $700 each for their trouble! I told them NO, 700 is not OK! They need to find some help but I dont know what to do from here.act information or look in the directory
Greg Surfas
They need to rent a car to get to Florida where they return home of 18, August. The Cadillac was to arrive at the export terminal about the same date.
I think the Eldorado can be driven, short distance-- I have not seen it, but gas tank filler is crushed and air suspension will not hold air.
What a disaster! 
Don't know if I am  bit late to the dance here, but I'm in San Antonio, and if I can be of any assistance they can contact me. Send me a PM or look in the directory for contact information
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Big Fins

FIRST THING NEEDED IS A COMPETENT ATTORNEY.

Depending on Texas law, they may be able to complete their trip and enjoy some extra time in the States and go home financially comfortable with a repaired car, should they still want to keep it.

Next door neighbor got hit in the rear last night. I told her who to call and she said, 'Oh no, I don't want to upset their lives.' Meanwhile, she has no car, no way to work to provide for herself and family.
Really?

I'm going to pass out in the car and not move until I'm loaded on a stretcher and taken to a hospital. Then I'm calling Goldstein, Feinberg, Swartz & Rabinovitz.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Steve Lomas

I dunno, sounds to me like this has the makings of an epic road trip.

I once drove coast to coast in an old Oldsmobile, east to west, got rear ended in times square NY by an SUV which also hit a hot dog stand and ended up on it's roof.

The back window and trunk were smashed, passenger door wouldn't open, or the hood-   AC never worked anyway, got pulled over several times, ran out of motel money trying to get the car fixed, and had to sleep in it the rest of the way, still made it to Oregon- no cell phone or GPS, just a compass and a globe of the planet. The memories always had us in tears laughing.

I really hope they are OK healthwise, but otherwise I'd tell them to keep going, Florida or bust!!!

Carfreak

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.