News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

PORD MAKING FINTOS AGAIN???

Started by JIM CLC # 15000, March 21, 2005, 11:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM CLC # 15000

03-21-05
All, just saw the tail end of a FOX NEWS Alert that there was an explosion and fire at a PORD assembly plant in MI. I think it was at DEARBORN.
First thing that came to mind was that a new FINTO had stopped too quickly and another had not.
Good Luck, Jim

Sue

Seems like explosions over there are a common occurence - I almost dont pay attention anymore except that living in the area you are bound to know someone who works there.  

Anyhow, in regards to Fintos, I remember a cartoon from the mid-1970s with the byline:  He was driving a Pinto with Firestone 500s and the Coroner is calling it SUICIDE.  

Rob Gerace #16100

Didnt someone sell a bumper sticker for the Pinto that said:  Hit me and we blow up together, or something like that?  

All said and done, I think I would take a Pinto over its rival, a Chevy Vega.

Rob

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Talk about choosing between a rock and a hard place, but Id take the Pinto, too; water squirting out of engine blocks gives me nightmares. I had some friends who bought a new Vega wagon and that happened before they could drive from Texas to Florida. They saw steam coming out from under the hood and thought theyd burst a radiator hose.

Robert Koch 21150

I well remember a race in the early eighties between a Pinto and a Vega. The Vega was one of those hyper nuts Cosworth animals. The Pinto was a redneck homebrew. The Pinto had a 351 engine modified like the one in the De Tomaso Pantera. There was a stripe running down the side under the door that said "Pintera". Guess who won that one? Lots of smoke, no fires.

Tim Coy #11513

I used to work at a restaurant during college in the late 1970s. I remember a guy who put glass packs on his Pinto. Another guy dropped a V-8 in his Vega. I had one word for them. Why?