News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

2 door 4 door

Started by badpoints, March 14, 2023, 07:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: jdemerson on March 19, 2023, 07:35:42 PMI'll comment on the 1950-1953 generation Cadillac. I think that the proportions on my 1952 Series 62 sedan are exactly right. I wouldn't trade it for any other model of that period, not even the convertible. In a luxury car, especially, the advantages of four doors seem clear to me.

That said, I believe that the most attractive model (aesthetically) of this generation is the 1950/1951 Series 61 Coupe. I've always been surprised that they don't seem to be as desirable as the longer Coupe De Ville. Before you disagree with this opinion, check one our in real life!

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac sedan 6219X

I'm not surprised. Larger proportions had always been a key ingredient of Cadillac prestige image, therefore shorter models are perceived as Cadillacs of a lesser god. A lot of people chose Cadillacs when new because they wanted the "biggest and best". It only follows that buyers of vintage cars generally prefer those which were most desirable and best appointed when new.   
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

jwwseville60

Four door cars are great for friends.
2 doors are romantic.
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Moody

Having said I prefer a 2 door over a 4 door, I agree that most '50s look great as 4 doors. I do have a soft spot for the '58 Fleetwood, and I'd like to have one at some point. But it's still about form over function for me.
Moody