News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1973 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance - Parting out / Excellent items

Started by Eldorado James, February 06, 2018, 12:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldorado James

I have a rather rare car that came in (parting out).....a 1973 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance -- the first year that it was offered.  From what I understand, less than 1,000 may of been produced.

Velour seats, velour headliner, and velour upper door pads made their debut! Thick shag carpeting rules! Deep pockets on the back of the front seat!  Yes, the 1973 D'elegance set the pace for the next 19 years of Cadillac Fleetwoods. 

I have the complete interior in near excellent shape available. plus many other items (Car has 38K miles). Contact me for more information.  Let's get these excellent parts into a deserving CLC Fleetwood.

James
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

1973 Cadillac

I own a blue 73 Elegance there very rare like the 74-76 Tailsman.

BJM

P James:
You must reside in a salty place to part out a 73 Cadillac Fleetwood with just 38,000 miles on it.  What's the story there?  Why not offer the whole car, was it in an accident?

Eldorado James

@BJM,

No, car was rust free.  Unable to obtain the long lost title, owner has been deceased over 25 years.  Car sat in a clean family garage doing nothing but sleeping since 1984.....was buried under dust but sealed.  Nobody wanted the dirty deed of getting rid of Grandpa's Cadillac earlier, I guess. 

The front clip & front bumper are sold & headed to another car, but the engine/trans, electrical items, glass, trim and interior are available.  Most of it is in excellent shape.  Many parts can be used on Deville, Calais....some parts interchange with the Eldorado.
~Eldorado James~

Currently:

BJM

That's too bad as titles are not an issue to get resolved.  It just takes patience and time. But I appreciate the back story. I am glad it will help other cars. 

Eldorado James

"Grandpa cars" still end up at salvage yards because people think that nobody wants to deal with a non running old car that has 4 flat tires.....so they let the tow guys haul them away for almost nothing.  At least this way (you are correct) the remaining Caddys can be replenished with nice used parts (that will never be reproduced!)
~Eldorado James~

Currently:

BJM

Let me know next time something like this shows up and I will buy it at double what you pay!  That's a car I would have loved to have, done the usual stuff, put up with the funky smell and enjoy the heck out of it.

Eldorado James

Trade me your 1968 Eldo for it and you have a deal!  LOL.....  Actually the car was closed up in a clean garage, not a whiff of smell in the car.  I have to pull the seats soon - too bad they don't fit a coupe!
~Eldorado James~

Currently:

Egor neil

Do you still have the vehicle. I am looking for the drivers side window.

72caddy

Hello,
Does the car's engine run real smooth. I am interested in the carburetor. Especially if it has a manual choke. If not, I can still use it if it runs smoothly.
Thanks