News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 Calais $20,000

Started by Bryan J Moran, February 12, 2023, 07:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/560520552791757/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A2b479a5f-5bb7-43fe-8b4f-9c1dda059426

Not mine -

Seller's Description
1966 Cadillac Calais · Sedan · Driven 17,000 miles

1966 Cadillac Calais

Up for your consideration is this beautiful Cadillac Calais 4 door hard top .
This pains me to even list for sale but I have way too many cars so will see how much interest there is .

I purchased this car in 2016 and has been nothing but a pleasure to cruise around and take the family to car shows in the summer time . I would have no problem getting and and driving it anywhere . She runs drives and stops like a brand new car .

Odometer shows 17,000 miles . I have no documents to prove it's original but I had a number of Cadillac club guys look it over and it's believed  to be original . Interior is near mint and original condition . She has the original 429 that runs like a Swiss watch and still has the original date coded spark plug wires and belts .

The car had a cosmetic refresh about 12 years ago . Repainted original Autum rust color . Bumpers were rechromed along with some other trim pieces . All new weather stripping makes it very quiet on the inside
CLC 35000 in number only

David Greenburg

Last year of manual windows, although I'm not sure I've ever seen one before so equipped.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

James Landi

I think it lacks a/c as well.  That would make this gem a truly occasional car. When was it still possible to purchase a Cadillac without CLimate COntrol.   Thanks for posting Bryan... it's an unusual car, especially with what appears to be very low mileage.   James

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: David Greenburg on February 12, 2023, 10:38:27 PMLast year of manual windows, although I'm not sure I've ever seen one before so equipped.

Actually power windows remained optional on Calais until 1967.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

2011DTS

James, Automatic Climate Control became Standard Equipment on all models in 1975. Prior to 1975 Automatic Climate Control was only Standard Equipment on Series 75 Sedan/Limo.

http://automotivemileposts.com/cadillac/cadi1974optionalequipment.html

I have only seen one 1974 CDV without Climate Control and it was a no option car that must have been ordered by a dealer as an advertising lost leader.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Air conditioning became standard mid production 1974 beginning January 1st along with a number of other accessories. However it could still be deleted until the end of the model year. In 1975 air could no longer be deleted.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute