News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Power antenna motor repair/restoration

Started by Cadman-iac, September 25, 2021, 08:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on October 11, 2021, 06:16:48 PM
With these days of good glues, and such an array of nylon material to use, the hardest part of replacing the "string" would be getting the old stuff out of the mast without damaging it.

I think that without the invention of weed wackers/whipper snippers, there would be less of that nylon "string" around.

Bruce. >:D

Now there's an idea that I had not thought of. I've got plenty of weedwhacker  cord, lol !! I'll have to check that out some time.  Who knows, maybe it would work.
You could turn the radio on and mow the grass at the same time!  Ha ha ha!!
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Timo

The nylon in those masts cannot be replaced because you have to cut open the top part of the mast to get to the part where the nylon attaches. The nylon material simply gets brittle over the decades, it is old. I have created a replacement mast in stainless steel that is an exact duplicate of the original one. It comes with the pressure liner and flexible drive gear connector that also gets brittle over the years. The complete kit is $215.95 and includes free worldwide shipping. You can either order on eBay or preferably just send me an email to sales@customradioshop.de

Thanks guys!

1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville
1961 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

There is a member of this forum, Timo, who has produced a rebuild kit for the 56 power antenna including a new mast and all the plastic bits. Phil

Lexi

I ordered one from Timo. Looking forward to seeing how well it is made. Clay/Lexi