News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Linden New Jersey built Cadillac's

Started by billyoung, March 14, 2023, 06:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyoung

I have read that starting in 1967 model year that Cadillac started building Coupe DeVille's and Sedan DeVille's also in the Linden New Jersey plant. To my knowledge the first time that Cadillac bodies were built outside of the Plant 18 Fleetwood Plant in Detroit and assembled other than at Clark Street Detroit. Are there any of these surviving and if so what is the abbreviation on the body plate?  I know all the Detroit built cars say FWD and the 1969 and 1970 Eldorado's only say EUC as they were built at the Euclid Ohio Plant.
Age 68, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

Tom Hall 7485

For some of the 1973 model year, at least, the code was "E" in the center of the second line,
not to be confused with "EUC". About twelve years ago, a Mr. R. W. of this club shared a
photo of the body ID plate for his Linden-built 1973 De Ville. It shows the "E".

You are certainly correct about "FWD" being on many of the Cadillac bodies built in Detroit.
However, not all. Fisher plant "P21" built Fleetwood Seventy-Five bodies in the late 1960s
and 1970s.
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Acc to the CLC Directory info, Linden production for Cadillac began in 1971 (DeVilles only). The sequence portion of the VIN for Linden cars begins with 350001.

Limousine/Commercial Chassis production took place at the Fisher 21 plant until March 31, 1984.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

J. Skelly

Euclid was a Fisher Body plant, not a final assembly plant.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)