News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Trying to post pictures

Started by Cadman-iac, March 20, 2023, 10:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

I'm still trying to figure out how to post some pictures on this new forum format. I followed the suggestions that Peter gave, but nothing happens when I select "add files".
What is the trick here? I'm using an android phone, I don't have a computer, so I've got to figure this out.
It wasn't a problem on the old forum. Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Rick

PS. I think the tips that Peter gives are for the old forum. The date it was posted was back in 2019,and I'm fairly certain that the new forum format only started last year.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Richard,

After you have downloaded the picture/s to the Forum, don't forget to hit the "Upload Button"  Or they will never transfer.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cadman-iac

Hey Bruce,
 Unfortunately once I hit the add files button, nothing else happens. I can't get it to work, but I'm probably missing something here.
 I go to my gallery to select a picture, but I can't get it to transfer to the forum page. If I hit the "share" button, I don't get any options that allow me to take the picture to my post.
 Since I'm on a phone, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. And it's been too long since I last posted on the old forum I don't remember what the procedure was. HELP!!
  Rick
CLC# 32373

The Tassie Devil(le)

When I select a picture from my files, I hit the "Add Files" button, then when the file opens up, I select the picture, then hit the "Open" button on that page, and the picture is automatically sent to the Forum message I am posting.   Once it is there, I have to hit the "Upload" button, for the actual transfer to take place.

When the transfer has been done, there will be a green line across the page.   Then I go to the next one.

I think that if I then hit the "Insert" button, the picture will appear as full size on the page.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Clewisiii

To respond with picture you must select reply from User actions
Screenshot_20230321-075934-942.png

Then select attachments and other options.
Screenshot_20230321-080042-025.png 
Select Add Files
Screenshot_20230321-080125-803.png
Choose picture
Screenshot_20230321-080217.png
Hit Upload
Screenshot_20230321-080241.png
If you want to add the picture direct into text move the cursor to the spot then select insert

Screenshot_20230321-080400.png

The insert will just be text until you post the comment. 

You must add and upload each image one at a time. If you add four pictures but only hit Upload once then you will only upload that one picture

Now let's see if I inserted each photo in the correct spot in this post. Again I cannot preview with images
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

Looks like two location errors.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

Ok I was able to edit and fix placement. Quick edit does not allow picture adjustment. I needed to use User Actions Modify

Cadman-iac

Ok!!
 Thank you for the explanation and pictures. Hopefully I can get this to work for me now, if I can remember all the steps.
 Wish me luck!
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

Well, I get to the "add files" option and it highlights when I select it, but nothing happens afterwards. Where am I going wrong here?
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

Some systems takes a few times of hitting it.  When I was uploading files my phone at first did not recognize that I was hitting a clickable button and was only highlighting Upload.   

Clewisiii

And this site seems to freeze up a lot when scrolling. 

Clewisiii

Honestly I think whoever designed the user functions of this new forum road the shortbus in school.  Whenever you design a system you must have users test it and understand how they are trying to use the feature.  How the designer intended for a feature to be used is irrelevant

J. Gomez

Rick,

If you are on a PC (sorry I do not use my cell for posting or reply) you can only attach files when you hit the "REPLY", if you use the "QUOTE" option it does not give you the option for attachment and once the file is uploaded you "MUST" click on the "UPLOAD.

Another caveat with the new forum feature..!  :(
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Clewisiii

It is annoying that a common feature like adding a picture is complicated and hidden in drop down features.  But all these buttons that hardly ever get used are right on the top of every reply.  And even most of these are complicated to use. That is dumb
Screenshot_20230321-142407-186.png

Cadman-iac

Yeah, I've noticed a few glitches while trying to post a text, had to hit the post button twice, but not always.
 I've tried many different ways to make this "add files" button work and nothing seems to make any difference.
 I've gone into my gallery to select a picture, but I don't get anything other than the "share" option, which doesn't bring the picture or file over to the forum. It's like there's a disconnect between the two that I'm not grasping.
 Yeah, short bus may explain everything!
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

Ok are you saying when you click add files it takes you to your gallery to select the file?

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Clewisiii on March 21, 2023, 02:26:15 PMIt is annoying that a common feature like adding a picture is complicated and hidden in drop down features.  But all these buttons that hardly ever get used are right on the top of every reply.  And even most of these are complicated to use. That is dumb
Screenshot_20230321-142407-186.png

So is there something in that drop down menu that I need to use for this to work?
 I honestly never understood why somebody thought that if you just draw pictures instead of explaining something it's easier for people to understand.
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

Quote from: Cadman-iac on March 21, 2023, 02:31:22 PMSo is there something in that drop down menu that I need to use for this to work?
 I honestly never understood why somebody thought that if you just draw pictures instead of explaining something it's easier for people to understand.
no. I my mind never touch this.  If you try to select that picture inert function it asks you to insert a url location not a path in your phone

Clewisiii

This is that picture insert button.  Not worth using in my mind. Certainly not simple.  Screenshot_20230321-143533-782.png

Cadman-iac

If I press and hold the "add files" button, I eventually get the "copy, select all, and share" options, but it still doesn't transfer my pictures to the forum.
 I'm beginning to think that it's a conspiracy to keep my pictures off the internet, lol !!

I even thought that I had to have something in the text before the add files option would work, but that's not it either. I don't know.
 Maybe it's just that 2% rule.  You know the one that says that you must be 2% smarter than what you're working on, lol !!
CLC# 32373