News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

looking for a good painter

Started by Cooke, December 25, 2014, 05:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooke

I am getting ready to start work on the Eldorado and I am looking for a body/paint person in the Connecticut area. If anyone has had a good experience with someone , let me know. I will be removing the trim, vinyl top and other things, just looking for someone who does good work at reasonable prices.

Paul Tesone

Martin - my restorer is in Plainville , MA ( near Foxboro ) . Not sure if that is too distant for you . He's a one man shop , young guy , very knowledgeable , reasonable prices and always concerned with quality. You probably wouldn't be impressed with his facility , but you would be happy with the work that comes out of it .  He did all the body work and painting of my 37 & 47 Caddy convertibles ; and I'm proud to say that at the 2014 GN , the 47 won 1st place Senior & the 37 won !st place Primary . You can see some pictures of the restorations - the 37 is better documented than the 47 - in the  "Restoration Corner " of the Forum . They can be found under " 1937 6049 series " and " 1947 convertible " . If you need more info , contact me at 781-593-1154 or tess352@yahoo.com . Good luck . ....Paul Tesone CLC #6876 .

Dan LeBlanc

That's just proof that you don't need to have a big, fancy shop to do quality work. If you can turn out award winning work without all of the fancy tools and equipment, that speaks volumes to the skill of the person doing it.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Caddy Wizard

One can do quality work with inferior equipment, but it is hard.  Here are some home paint jobs I did in my home garage, using amateur facilities, but professional tools and techniques...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Caddy Wizard

More...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)

Caddy Wizard

Art Gardner

Cooke

Paul and others, Thanks I will get in touch. My usual guy is having some health issues, he also works in a small shop behind his house. He has reasonable prices and great work. Low overhead helps, if you can do good work. Foxboro is a little far but still possible. Thanks