News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Back on the road with The Ark

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, June 01, 2022, 01:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on September 17, 2022, 09:38:51 AMExactly the sign distracts from the actual car and seems like a plea for attention and self promotion . Let the car be the star , ditch the billboard .

Post of pic of how you display your car today, we'd all like to see it.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Lexi

Don't have a show board but would like to have one. So when I do a show right now it is just the car. Think this has come up before but most Cadillac owners prefer leaving their hood closed. I am more of a hood down guy as well. I don't mind your show board but if it were my set up, I would have it on a floor standing art easel next to the car, (with the hood closed). I would look for a kick ass vintage brass easel. Always a worry about someone knocking it over so perhaps build a more secure flat base for it. Some people won't read it all, but for those that do yours is more eye candy for them. When we do shows we often caravan and try to park together. Lots of wow factor that none of the other cars seem to generate. Attached is a shot of Lexi parked next to my buddy's car at a show this month. A pair of mid 1950s Cadillac Imperial Limousines. A rare sight. Clay/Lexi

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on September 18, 2022, 08:06:52 AMPost of pic of how you display your car today, we'd all like to see it.

Lori I'm more of a builder than a show car poster online attention doesn't really  do a lot for me but for you heres a couple of quick shots just park the  car and let the car do the talking really no need for a freeway billboard display  , even when i win in usually send up my so. to collect , i really dont need my ego stroked more fun for me to see him have fun .
R. Waligora

z3skybolt

Lori has been around this forum for a while entertaining us with her exceptional writing ability and occasional "in your face, poke in the eye" satire. She has toned down the past couple of years. One thing is certain....she is proud of and enjoys her Cadillac. Perhaps more so than many of us.  That is what it is all about.

Yeah...I think her display board may not be of my taste.  But let her enjoy it in her own way and the rest of us do our own thing. It makes the world go round and keeps life interesting. I enjoy everyone on this board and love seeing pictures of their fabulous Cadillac and LaSalle.

Keep on keeping on Lori. You are a big girl.

Bob R.

IMG_1837.JPGIMG_1837.JPG 
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

z3skybolt

Don't know why my picture double posted? Oh well.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Awww, cute blue ribbon! I have a wall full of those from my horses but I digress. When my car was crowned Best
Of Show at the New England Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club show this past July, (yes we'll be at the Nationals
in Gettysburg in '24) I wasn't even at the award ceremony, I was on the other side of the field. (The last
award ceremony I attended was at the Smith & Wesson Invitational in 1994 when I won High Lady, and 5th Master,
217 competitors. Getting my picture taken with Todd Jarrett, Jerry Barnhart and Jerry Miculek is a photo I wish
I still had somewhere. But I can post the WAG cover as a testament to authenticity I guess.)

Someone told me the car won and they put the trophy on my front seat. I got a pic with them later. And I had a
HUGE problem with my showboard today at the Truro show, huge. While I was hanging with the Mopars I noticed 8
people in line trying to read it, imagine their inconvenience. I wanted a picture for this thread but my phone was in the car. Sometimes approaching/futzing with the car can scare off the public and that's the last thing I
want to do, so I didn't go for it, oh well. Later hanging with my car, I had 3 people, 2 grown men, 1 woman,
come to me with tears in their eyes touching their hearts, they loved the board, the story of the car. And 1
random guy read to the fine print on the very bottom as he knew my friend Hal and to tell him he said 'hi'. So
here's the deal, kids, you show your car your way. The rest of us who can show our cars our way, will.

And in case you missed it, The Ark was in the Self-Starter March 2020 issue whilst still teal green. And yes
"March 2020" still makes me angry, The Ark was accepted to the Boston "World Of Wheels" car show that month.
The show manager had the car scheduled to be placed up front right as the paying public walked in. I had a
suite booked for the weekend at the Seaport Hotel, an enclosed hauler standing by in case of bad weather, and
a million friends were coming to town to hang out and party with us all weekend in Boston. Then the flu
cancelled the show. No worries, when World Of Wheels is scheduled for Boston again, the manager said we're
Entry #1, so... Oh, by the way, did you see the stories Tom Klockau wrote about The Ark in Riverside Green and
Hagerty.Com? I attached links here in case you missed them. And I threw in a pic of the horse ribbons, trophies too, again to prove authenticity.
The framed photo on the bottom shelf was in the winner's circle with my filly Concorde's Act. There were so many, it was just easier and neater
to frame/display the photo of the most recent winner.

https://jackbaruth.com/?p=14395
https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/magnificent-1970-cadillac-fleetwood-returns-to-the-showroom/

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: z3skybolt on September 18, 2022, 10:49:22 PMDon't know why my picture double posted? Oh well.

No worries Bob, you're easy on the eyes.  ;)

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on September 19, 2022, 01:38:46 AMAwww, cute blue ribbon! I have a wall full of those from my horses but I digress. When my car was crowned Best
Of Show at the New England Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club show this past July, (yes we'll be at the Nationals
in Gettysburg in '24) I wasn't even at the award ceremony, I was on the other side of the field. (The last
award ceremony I attended was at the Smith & Wesson Invitational in 1994 when I won High Lady, and 5th Master,
217 competitors. Getting my picture taken with Todd Jarrett, Jerry Barnhart and Jerry Miculek is a photo I wish
I still had somewhere. But I can post the WAG cover as a testament to authenticity I guess.)

Someone told me the car won and they put the trophy on my front seat. I got a pic with them later. And I had a
HUGE problem with my showboard today at the Truro show, huge. While I was hanging with the Mopars I noticed 8
people in line trying to read it, imagine their inconvenience. I wanted a picture for this thread but my phone was in the car. Sometimes approaching/futzing with the car can scare off the public and that's the last thing I
want to do, so I didn't go for it, oh well. Later hanging with my car, I had 3 people, 2 grown men, 1 woman,
come to me with tears in their eyes touching their hearts, they loved the board, the story of the car. And 1
random guy read to the fine print on the very bottom as he knew my friend Hal and to tell him he said 'hi'. So
here's the deal, kids, you show your car your way. The rest of us who can show our cars our way, will.

And in case you missed it, The Ark was in the Self-Starter March 2020 issue whilst still teal green. And yes
"March 2020" still makes me angry, The Ark was accepted to the Boston "World Of Wheels" car show that month.
The show manager had the car scheduled to be placed up front right as the paying public walked in. I had a
suite booked for the weekend at the Seaport Hotel, an enclosed hauler standing by in case of bad weather, and
a million friends were coming to town to hang out and party with us all weekend in Boston. Then the flu
cancelled the show. No worries, when World Of Wheels is scheduled for Boston again, the manager said we're
Entry #1, so... Oh, by the way, did you see the stories Tom Klockau wrote about The Ark in Riverside Green and
Hagerty.Com? I attached links here in case you missed them. And I threw in a pic of the horse ribbons, trophies too, again to prove authenticity.
The framed photo on the bottom shelf was in the winner's circle with my filly Concorde's Act. There were so many, it was just easier and neater
to frame/display the photo of the most recent winner.

https://jackbaruth.com/?p=14395
https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/magnificent-1970-cadillac-fleetwood-returns-to-the-showroom/

Lori thanks for the info but it was really not necessary I already gave you an A in the self promotion game .
R. Waligora

Cape Cod Fleetwood

"self promotion game"? LMAO! Hardly. Simply evidence of excellence achieved by people like me who commit to a goal and then dedicate every inch of their bodies, minds, souls (and in some cases a LOT of money) to reach whatever pinnacle they have set for themselves. The over achievers will accomplish this on multiple platforms, we always have a goal, a new mountain to climb, etc. Mowing the lawn or painting a bedroom doesn't count as an achievement, recognition within a sphere or in the media, does. We enjoy the tension, the painful lessons learned, the agony of defeat makes us stronger, there are no "safe spaces" in our lives. We're competitors and Type A's at a 3-sigma-deviant level, we're hard to live with, and we're frightening to the weak, obviously. We also have more FUN in life than anyone else. "self promotion" isn't necessary, our spheres will do that for us. But the evidence does come in handy when someone doesn't know you and is threatened by or needs to feel superior to you. At least I didn't post a pic of the ribbons and medals I was awarded by the Navy due to being in countries I still can't spell or carrying out acts I wish I could forget, so there's that. Have a nice day.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Lexi on September 17, 2022, 10:13:39 AMCrapola. I had planned on working on Lexi's front brakes & bearings today with company for dinner. Have never seen Ghost but would like to. :'(   Clay/Lexi

CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! You had 364 other days to do brakes and dinner. Now you have to wait until next summer/fall to attend the Chapel of Ritual. \m/

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Lexi

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on September 19, 2022, 12:55:25 PMCLAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! You had 364 other days to do brakes and dinner. Now you have to wait until next summer/fall to attend the Chapel of Ritual. \m/

Too much going on & health issues, but flog me with my timing chain. LOL  Clay/Lexi  \mm/

mario

Hi laurie:
Much respect for the WAG cover. That is a great honor.
Ciao,
Mario

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on September 19, 2022, 12:53:23 PM"self promotion game"? LMAO! Hardly. Simply evidence of excellence achieved by people like me who commit to a goal and then dedicate every inch of their bodies, minds, souls (and in some cases a LOT of money) to reach whatever pinnacle they have set for themselves. The over achievers will accomplish this on multiple platforms, we always have a goal, a new mountain to climb, etc. Mowing the lawn or painting a bedroom doesn't count as an achievement, recognition within a sphere or in the media, does. We enjoy the tension, the painful lessons learned, the agony of defeat makes us stronger, there are no "safe spaces" in our lives. We're competitors and Type A's at a 3-sigma-deviant level, we're hard to live with, and we're frightening to the weak, obviously. We also have more FUN in life than anyone else. "self promotion" isn't necessary, our spheres will do that for us. But the evidence does come in handy when someone doesn't know you and is threatened by or needs to feel superior to you. At least I didn't post a pic of the ribbons and medals I was awarded by the Navy due to being in countries I still can't spell or carrying out acts I wish I could forget, so there's that. Have a nice day.

Lol thanks for  proving my point .
R. Waligora

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: mario on September 19, 2022, 06:51:44 PMHi laurie:
Ciao,
Mario
Quote from: mario on September 19, 2022, 06:51:44 PMHi laurie:
Ciao,
Mario

Thank you Mario. The result of YEARS of daily hard work, discipline and heart ache. Much respect to all
professional athletes.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

BACK ON TOPIC after being rudely interrupted by folks with off topic showboard "issues".
AND a showboard related pic follows so if its a trigger, switch to another topic now, you've been warned.  ::)

September 24th was the last cruise in for my local club. September 27th was the last cruise in with the Shamrods. October 1st a very cool parade/show at Kalmus Beach Hyannis was canx due to rain, too bad, this was a blast last year.

October 9th we were at the Whitman-Hanson Regional High School fundraiser/show. Probably the most FUN I've had all year taking the car to an event. About an hour out there, 30 minutes of flying highway, 30 minutes of charming back roads filled with 'general stores', taverns, all kinds of "mom and pop" shops, some water views, quaint. And stunning foliage we don't have on the Cape. 300 cars showed up, including Jimmy Reid who rebuilt The Ark's engine during the year of the flu. Jimmy brought 5 (five) dragsters including the Boston Strangler and a '22 COPO, I almost fainted. Show had reasonable hours of 10-2, meaning I could leave home at 8:30 instead of in the dark, friends held a parking spot for me too. A pic of the car, Jimmy w/car, and 8 people lined up to read that awesome show board! As always a lot of folks love the story of the car and tell me their story, love that, love talking to people telling their Cadillac story. As fate would have it this show had a "loudest exhaust" trophy (sigh). Fortunately 'performed' at the end of the day. I said "Jimmy, start the Strangler, that will win!" (Its a nitro funny car if you're not familiar) "Laurie it takes 6 people and a lot of gear to start that." (laughing)

This Saturday we're in Wakefield MA for the huge Freemason show. Are you on the square? Where's Lexi... And I won't wear the tour jacket until after the show, I want a $5 trophy and don't want to anger anyone. LOL! Should be a >90 minute cruise up there, all highway, nice. And another 10-2 show, sweet. October 22 the Harley-Davidson dealer in Dartmouth is having a benefit car show, about an hour each way. LAST ONE is October 23 at the Red Barn in Eastham. Though I could sneak in another Rebels on the 30th.

Then I give the keys back to Michael...
It seems I only rent this car for the nice weather...

The moments are few in the north now, are you driving your cars?

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

James Landi

It's a vicarious joy to read your "show" narratives Laurie.  You and The Ark entertain and inform scores of folks at events, and I and others on this forum appreciate your joyous reportage of these events.   Gratefully,  James

wrefakis

Might just bring it to gn 24,18,432 miles still on original inspection graduate course in how these were when new

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: wrefakis on October 12, 2022, 07:04:25 PMMight just bring it to gn 24,18,432 miles still on original inspection graduate course in how these were when new

Gorgeous car! Can it be driven? I'll be driving mine 9 hours each way.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cadillac Jack 82

I keep coming back to this post and I REALLY like that new paint.  My 55 still looks cherry but my 67 Buick needs paint soon.  Shame I can't use your guys.
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

59-in-pieces

What ever happened to – if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

What I have observed over the years from folks who have the quick and ready "PUT DOWNS" is that they were likely noncompetitors, or a runner up with a participation trophy, and have a need for "ME TOO", "DON'T FORGET ME".  You know the type and who they are.

Laurie should be thought of as a diamond, full of bright reflective facets of the Cadillac hobby.  While those who are quick to be critical, they are simple pieces of glass, fragile, and of comparatively lower value.  At some point, they have been weighed, they have been measured, and they have been found wanting.

I have said this before that I think Laurie should be the poster "girl" (forgive me for the girl reference) for our Cadillac LaSalle Club.  Or, at least thought of as the Club's official Energizer Bunny.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher