News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Anybody here rebuild master cylinders?

Started by 2 Devilles, September 16, 2022, 12:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 Devilles

I just replaced the master cylinder in my '70 Coupe Deville with a new unit, so there was no core charge.  So I've ended up with my (I believe) original master cylinder just sitting around.  I'd hate to scrap it, so if anyone here rebuilds them, I'd let it go for the price of shipping.  Just don't want a vintage piece to go to waste.  You can either respond here or message me.  Thanks,

Lucas
Lucas Johnson

1960 Coupe Deville
1970 Coupe Deville
1972 Mach 1 Mustang
1974 F100 2wd
1977 F250 Highboy
1994 F250 4x4

TJ Hopland

If you want to 'save' it you will at the least want to try and flush the brake fluid out if it with brake clean.   Ideally disassemble it so you can be sure all the fluid is out and maybe even apply some sort of anti rust film.

If you do nothing in a few months it will probably have rusted up enough that it would be difficult to take apart and it doesn't take a lot longer for it to really get stuck to the point it may not be worth rebuilding anymore.       
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason