News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 sun visors

Started by jkings62, September 17, 2022, 10:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkings62

I am having the interior of 1941 S62 re done and would like to have recommendations on remove/replace/reinstall the sun visors. I see there are a couple of screws to remove the bracket but it appears the "rivets" would need to be drilled out to replace the material.  What type of fasteners would need to be used to reattach to the bracket to be screwed back on to the frame. Thanks for any advice.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

If the person doing your job knows what he/she is doing, they will know the answer from seeing the visor as it came from the factory. (And I believe there are three screws holding the visor on.)

As I recall, the visor is sewn on the board along the outer edges. There is also a small swoopy area to keep your fingers from staining the cloth in the middle on (one?) side. Hope this helps.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Abe Lugo

If you are talking about convertible sunvisors.
Essentially they have to be drilled out.  Then you need to have them blind divided back. 
Be careful as the tangs, arms are fragile. 
I bought some Chicago nuts or rivet nuts, I forget the size to just tall enough draw them back into the brackets. 
Most upholstery guys might not know what do in this case. 
I would say make sure the visor thickness is about the same as stock to a slight thicker so the brackets are not bend when put on. 

Here is one place to get the bolts. 
I would recommend stainless ones.  If the post fits be the head is too large you can have someone machine them down a bit.
https://www.boltproducts.com/rivet-nuts-c-701_110.html
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

jkings62

Yes, It is a convertible coupe. Thank you both for your prompt response. I will share this information with the upholstery guy.