News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 60 Special fender skirts

Started by Cadillance, September 21, 2022, 05:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillance

Hi, I just picked up this low mileage Fleetwood. I'm a purist for the most part however I'd love to find or build aftermarket skirts specifically for the 60 Special. My question is has anyone ever seen them or built them? If I bought a set of stainless quarter bottom halves, is there enough meat on them to make a set? As much as I would hate to destroy a decent set of those, I'm dieing to know what it would look like on my car! Picture is for attention. I saved the car and is indoors now.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Easy. Just look at a 1958 Fleetwood with stock skirts. A 1957 looks light and airy without skirts. Find a picture of a light colored '57, make a copy and simply draw in the skirts. GM paid a designer a lot of $$$ to finish off that car. Skirts look fine on the '58, but would ruin a '57.

If they'd have thought that they would sell, J.C. Whitney would have made them up "back in the day."
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Agreed with Barry. It looks great just as it is.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute