News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 Eldorado with SO Interior(maybe)

Started by Bryan J Moran, December 05, 2022, 02:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Skelly

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon #15848 on December 13, 2022, 12:42:51 PMEric, why would somebody order non-perforated leather?

Mike

It's easier to clean without the perforations.  Otherwise the leather cleaner or conditioner can get in the perforations.  My Monte Carlo had it and I would have preferred smooth leather.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: J. Skelly on December 14, 2022, 12:46:19 PM
Quote from: Mike Baillargeon #15848 on December 13, 2022, 12:42:51 PMEric, why would somebody order non-perforated leather?

Mike

It's easier to clean without the perforations.  Otherwise the leather cleaner or conditioner can get in the perforations.  My Monte Carlo had it and I would have preferred smooth leather.

Yes....That makes sense....Thanks

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Doesn't preference make sense?

The '64 I purchased from a prominent CLC member who bought and sold a lot of vintage Cadillacs. He told me that when it came to selling 63/64 Cadillacs with leather, he found a number of buyers of who said they preferred the '63 model, specifically citing the smooth leather used that year which they preferred to the perforated leather used in '64.

While perforating the leather certainly compromises the durability of the material to some extent, I seriously doubt anyone who special ordered smooth leather on a brand new car did so for those considerations. The chose it because they thought it looked more attractive which is my personal opinion as well. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

badpoints

I have smooth leather and my trim tag looks the same.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: badpoints on December 15, 2022, 10:40:50 AMI have smooth leather and my trim tag looks the same.

If that's an original seat, the two tone combination was another part of the SO in addition to the smooth leather.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bryan J Moran

I just received mt eBay purchased base 1966 Cadillac brochure (16 pgs) and it was interesting reading.  Is there a more comprehensive dealership catalog or brochure I should be looking for? 

I have 2 1966 Coupe de Villes saved on Facebook marketplace, one is gold with a light tan perforated leather interior.  The other is black with black fabric interior. 

On page 7 of the 16 pg brochure which covers CdV the top photo is of the antique saddle leather option. That same photo describes the leather in one of the Cdv's I am viewing as 'gold.'
CLC 35000 in number only