News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1949 Series 62 Sedan running

Started by DennisK, April 05, 2014, 11:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisK

Quote from: Jay Friedman on April 25, 2014, 09:03:23 AM
Looking at the 4th photo in the 2nd set of photos which shows the interior of the car through the opened right front door, I noticed in that there is no gasket in the oval defroster heat passage (hole) at the end of the dash.  (You can't see this passage when the door is closed.)  These gaskets are available from Steele Rubber Products, part number 70-0446-31.

Yes I have a running list with Steele, Mcveys and other vendors that needs to be completed one of these days. At this point I am going to concentrate on mechanical needs, brake shoes all around and a steering gear rehab...and I am not sure how that will go. There is always a ton of work on these old cars but it is fun to do it and the results speak for itself.
When all is said and done, more is said then done.