News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rear wheel cylinders?

Started by Smedly, March 18, 2015, 12:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smedly

I need to replace one of my rear wheel cylinders on my 46 62 series because the bleeder screw has broken off or rusted off. My Napa store does not have a listing for that far back. Can anyone tell me if there is another newer application that will fit and work? example will a 55 chevy wheel cylinder work? Something more common. I would prefer to walk into a store rather than order and have it shipped from the us.
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

Dan LeBlanc

Raybestos # WC6092 or AC Delco 18E748
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Sheldon, both of Dan's part #s come back to this wheel cylinder in the cross reference NAPA website.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Wheel-Cylinder-Rear/_/R-UBP6092_0380119324

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Smedly

When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

David King (kz78hy)

This is a great place.

Consider joining the club to assist providing the asset.  It is such a good value and at only $40 a year, I spill that much gas in a season, so anyone who can fool with these cars has an extra 40 bucks laying around.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Smedly

Dan, Mike thanks again parts are on order the closest one is in Calgary should be here in a few days.
Dave, I fully intend on joining and paying my dues here and in the trillium chapter but that will come in time that $40 +$20 will help with parts to get my baby mobile.
Sheldon Hay

n tudor

1959 Cadillac limo rear wheel cylinder can you help. iam in australia

kav

Hi Tudor try Rockauto.com . From what I can see here they range from $17 -46 Aus and will arrive in 3 work days . Easy as . That's where I got all mine . Don't bother with Aussie suppliers they just charge double plus the freight for doing the same thing .
1953 series 62
nicknamed  SERENA