News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac build sheet

Started by 41coupe, March 10, 2023, 01:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41coupe

Does anyone have a clear photo of the build sheet for the 1941 Cadillac? The one I got from the Cadillac archives is too blurry to read the small letters in the code box in the lower right hand corner of the sheet. I can't determine what each letter represents in the "option" list. Thanks  Phil

Barry M Wheeler #2189

The difficult we do at once, harder things just a teeny bit longer.
"E" Economy axle
"F" Firestone Blackwall tires
"G" Wheel shields (They were $15 back then.)
"H" Ventilating heater/defroster
"I" Heater defroster
"K" Automatic Heating System
"L" License Frames
"M" Running Boards
"N" Fog Lights
"O" Special Steering Wheel
"P" Windshield Washer
"R" Royal blackwall tires
"S" Radio and Antenna
"T" Hydra-Matic Transmission
"U" Rear compartment radio
"V" No running boards
"W" White sidewall tires (No brand given.)
"Y" Wheel Discs
"Z" Wheel Trim Rings

I Hope this helps you out. What Series do you have? Pictures?

In 1958 I was able to find a set of skirts for $15. They were 1946-49 ones with the broad trim on the bottom. They were put on at the curb anyway, and one of the first things I checked after coming home from Berlin. (They were in the trunk.)

Speaking of skirts, I was over at John McCardle's house one Sunday afternoon when Art Iles drove up in a low mileage 1941 Series 62 coupe. The skirts, also in the trunk, had never been put on the car. I should have sold one of the kids and paid Art the $600 that he wanted for the car.  (Circa 1964)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

41coupe

This is my 1941 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe. It is an original, unrestored example. It is Berkshire Green.
The build sheet I received from Cadillac indicates only three options:  R/B/V  (R)"Black wall tires" -- (B) ? and (V) "No Running Boards". The car has the following options: (G) "wheel shields" (K) "automatic heating system" (M) "running boards" (N) "fog lights" (P) "windshield washers (S) "radio and antenna" (Z) "trim rings" "back up light". It was delivered March 6, 1941 to New York.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

For several years, Cadillac offered Black, Antionette Blue, and Cavern Green for their conservative customers. As you can see, Cavern Green appears to be almost black except in bright sunlight. Ditto, the Blue.

Lovely, lovely car, and well equipped. Enjoy her!
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville